Capt. CO Finisher

Have an interesting or epic climbing story? Post it here.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
bmcqueen
14ers: 58  52 
13ers: 356 15
Trip Reports (24)

Re: Capt. CO Finisher

Post by bmcqueen »

Congrats Alec! Your passion and dedication are obvious. I think you’ll find in “wanting it all” that finishing the 14ers is just the beginning of what can be a long and fulfilling journey in the mountains. I personally hope you stay engaged in the forum, keep seeking out partners and mentors and keep building your skills. So much more awaits. One piece of unsolicited advice that is always rattling around in the back of my head that I’ll share - just because you love the mountains, it doesn’t mean they love you too. They remain, cold, hard, unfeeling and unforgiving places - keep your guard up and give them the respect they deserve as you venture beyond the 14ers (end unsolicited advice - hope you’ll forgive me for offering it).
"Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment." --- Nasreddin

https://listsofjohn.com/PeakStats/Conte ... queen&t=14
daway8
14ers: 58  24 
13ers: 155 29
Trip Reports (70)

Post by daway8 »

Congrats Alec! Like many on here I had my doubts about you at first but you really stuck with it and learned and grew as you took on the challenges. Great way to finish and quite the impressive time frame too! =D> =D> =D>
CaptainSuburbia
14ers: 58  35 
13ers: 125 9
Trip Reports (44)

Post by CaptainSuburbia »

Congrats Alec! Awesome job finishing so fast!! Now the fun begins with the 800 or so 13ers :-D
Some day our kids will study Clash lyrics in school.
Nothing drives people crazy like people drive people crazy.
Save Challenger Point
Dan_Suitor
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 90
Trip Reports (3)

Post by Dan_Suitor »

Congratulations Alec =D> . Quite an accomplishment. Curious of where you decide to go from here.
Century Bound, eventually.
greenonion
14ers: 50  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by greenonion »

Congrats, Alec! Very well done!
JQDivide
14ers: 58  33 
13ers: 115 1
Trip Reports (58)

Post by JQDivide »

Survived the peaks, the forum and immaturity.
Growth is always good (though painful at times).
Keep growing. Keep hiking.
Congrats.
Joel
Jenna N S
14ers: 36  2 
13ers: 24 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Jenna N S »

Does that mean the entertaining posts and shitting on CapCo is done, too!?!? :cry:

But for real - congratulations!
"They say that time is a great teacher but unfortunately it kills all its pupils. The mountains are also great teachers, and better still, they let the occasional star pupil live." Mark Lawrence King of Thorns
nsaladin
14ers: 58  1  5 
13ers: 12 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by nsaladin »

Congrats! As others have mentioned, this site is very helpful down the road even after you check off every peak. Heck of an accomplishment getting them done in a year!
TakeMeToYourSummit
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 287 25 2
Trip Reports (8)

Post by TakeMeToYourSummit »

Congrats on the (almost) 700 posts! Oh... and finishing the 14ers... that's pretty good too. :roll: Although I never had any personal beef with you - I can see how you rub some people the wrong way. Good luck on your future journeys and my advice is to take bmqueen's advice! :mrgreen:
I'm horrible with names...
But will never forget a mountain's face!
two lunches
14ers: 37  2 
13ers: 59
Trip Reports (0)

Post by two lunches »

pvnisher wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:15 am Re-register as MajorCO
:lol:

Congrats Alec- good luck on the Cents/Bi's, winter finishes or whatever you're working on next
“To walk in nature is to witness a thousand miracles.” – Mary Davis
Ivar
14ers: 58  3  3 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Ivar »

Wow, congratulations! Hope to meet you on a Colorado mountain one of these days. I've found your posts to be very helpful, thanks!
climbingcue
14ers: 58  8  27 
13ers: 317 21 11
Trip Reports (0)

Post by climbingcue »

Congrats Alec, impressive to do in the short time you did.

Bill
Consecutive months with at least one 13er or 14er, 71 months