Uncoolest Find While Hiking

Have an interesting or epic climbing story? Post it here.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
shredthegnar10
14ers: 58  2  1 
13ers: 15
Trip Reports (5)

Re: Uncoolest Find While Hiking

Post by shredthegnar10 »

People intent upon sharing their taste in music with everyone else on the trail via a Bluetooth speaker attached to their backpack. [-(
Most things worth doing are difficult, dangerous, expensive, or all three.
timstich
14ers: 11 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by timstich »

mtree wrote:Parents pushing their 3-4 year old daughter up the final summit pitch of Quandary...her screaming and crying. Such a happy, healthy, hiking family. All in the name of Facebook, I guess.
On one of my first winter hikes I saw a scene very much like that. It was on an icy trail to Bergen Peak. We came across two adults looking at a young boy, probably 4-years-old, lying on his stomach refusing to get up again. No one seemed to have any ice cleats, so I'm guessing the kid tired of slipping and falling and wanted to call the hike.

We got to experience the big bloated dead cow carcass on the way to do Capitol Peak, also with a lurking black bear in the vicinity. Came across a huge dead elk carcass once in the snow off some peak near I-70 once. Hunters had removed what they wanted and left the rest. Not a bad find for a hungry mountain lion or other meat eater.
WanderingJim
14ers: 17 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by WanderingJim »

The skeletal remains of a deer in Missouri gulch was my most recent ick moment.

ImageDSC04479 by Wandering Jim, on Flickr

My biggest concern was that the camping spot I found shortly after wasn't that far for that spot. I didn't want to become dinner for whatever had the deer for breakfast. :)
nyker
14ers: 58 
13ers: 25
Trip Reports (69)

Post by nyker »