Jim DiNapoli's Trip Reports (Dancesatmoonrise)

Have an interesting or epic climbing story? Post it here.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Dave Mason
14ers: 25 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Jim DiNapoli's Trip Reports (Dancesatmoonrise)

Post by Dave Mason »

Thanks Bill,

I was the executor of Jim's estate and administered the distribution of his assets according to his will (including his donation to 14ers.com!) and I know he wanted those reports to be preserved. Much appreciated.

Dave
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

Dave Mason wrote:Thanks Bill,

I was the executor of Jim's estate and administered the distribution of his assets according to his will (including his donation to 14ers.com!) and I know he wanted those reports to be preserved. Much appreciated.

Dave
Thanks Dave,

Yes, Jim did so much for this site. Imagine the amount of time he spent on those trip reports. In addition to donating to the site, he also provided me a lot of feedback on the trip report process and wasn't shy about asking for enhancements to make the process easier. I'm glad the link problem was brought to my attention so more people can enjoy his journeys.
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
Eli Boardman
14ers: 58  1  15 
13ers: 18 1
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Eli Boardman »

Thanks for repairing them, Bill! As a newcomer to the 14ers, I never crossed paths with Jim, neither online nor in the mountains, but his trip reports are my favorites on this site. His Little Bear trip report is an epic of endeavor and writing, and it helped inspire me to try that route. I'm glad to be able to still read that report and discover the others.
Peak200
14ers: 47 
13ers: 90
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Peak200 »

Thanks Bill. They look like great reports
RyGuy
14ers: 58  35 
13ers: 230 4
Trip Reports (1)

Post by RyGuy »

Thank you Bill!

Jim's reports are some of the best on the site and a great way to remember his legacy and continue to learn from him today.

-Ryan
"Climbing mountains is the only thing I know that combines the best of the physical, spiritual, and emotional world all rolled into one." -Steve Gladbach