Blanca, Ellingwood, and Little Bear

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
splash067
14ers: 53

Blanca, Ellingwood, and Little Bear

Post by splash067 »

Greetings! These are 3 out of the 5 I have left to complete of the 14ers. Would rather not do alone, so if you're heading up and don't mind my tagging along, please let me know when you're planning. Thanks in advance and happy climbing to you!
jhoward0203
14ers: List not added

Re: Blanca, Ellingwood, and Little Bear

Post by jhoward0203 »

Hi there! We have a group of 3 currently (probably a few more) hitting Ellingwood and Blanca on Saturday :)
Fla_Timbo3
14ers: List not added

Post by Fla_Timbo3 »

Short Notice but what is your tentative plan?
nmjameswilson
14ers: 51
13ers: 7

Post by nmjameswilson »

I have these on my schedule but it might be too far out for you. Might just be me or could have another person with me.

8/8 - Hike to Lake Como
8/9 - Ellingwood and Blanca
8/10 - Little Bear and hike out
ronxhill
14ers: 45

Post by ronxhill »

These are on my calendar for the week of July 26-30 if that fits your schedule.
drew_harper
14ers: 58
13ers: 26

Post by drew_harper »

Planning to hike Little Bear on 7/30. Sounds like Lake Como won’t be empty that week.
nyker
14ers: 58
13ers: 22
Trip Reports (69)

Post by nyker »

splash067 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:19 pm Greetings! These are 3 out of the 5 I have left to complete of the 14ers. Would rather not do alone, so if you're heading up and don't mind my tagging along, please let me know when you're planning. Thanks in advance and happy climbing to you!
Unless there is a compelling reason to get them done asap, I'd wait until Little Bear is less crowded and/or do it in the Spring under good snow conditions (less rockfall risk)- the natural rockfall risk there is magnified with climbers above you and your responsibility increases with climbers below you, risks which can be reduced with an early season snow climb.
CaptainSuburbia
14ers: 58 32
13ers: 112 18
Trip Reports (33)

Post by CaptainSuburbia »

nyker wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:24 am
splash067 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:19 pm Greetings! These are 3 out of the 5 I have left to complete of the 14ers. Would rather not do alone, so if you're heading up and don't mind my tagging along, please let me know when you're planning. Thanks in advance and happy climbing to you!
Unless there is a compelling reason to get them done asap, I'd wait until Little Bear is less crowded and/or do it in the Spring under good snow conditions (less rockfall risk)- the natural rockfall risk there is magnified with climbers above you and your responsibility increases with climbers below you, risks which can be reduced with an early season snow climb.
Or you could take the west ridge with this variation.
https://www.14ers.com/php14ers/triprepo ... m=tripmine
Some day our kids will study Clash lyrics in school.