Cielo Vista Southern 13ers in July

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
CaptainSuburbia
14ers: 58 32
13ers: 107 18
Trip Reports (32)

Re: Cielo Vista Southern 13ers in July

Post by CaptainSuburbia »

I've been emailing with Bar NI for a couple of years now to gain access to De Anza and Mariquita without luck. Last year they mentioned trying to set something up similar to what CVR does. This year they said they are no longer planning that.
Some day our kids will study Clash lyrics in school.
Tornadoman
14ers: 58 4
13ers: 209 29
Trip Reports (12)

Post by Tornadoman »

Jon Frohlich wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:41 pm
Tornadoman wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:35 pm It looks like there is actually legal access on Bar NI Ranch. My belief is you would have to be a guest, but might be an option for Mariquita.

https://thebarniranch.com/activities/
My understanding has always been that while Bar NI does have guests it isn't open to anyone. The website does say "we are not open to the public".

I doubt that any of us can call up and book a room. Someone should try though.
I did notice the 'not open to public' as I looked at it more. But yet they do have guests and a website explaining what can be done on the ranch so for the right price I bet it's possible. :-D
Jon Frohlich
14ers: 58
13ers: 154 3
Trip Reports (32)

Post by Jon Frohlich »

Tornadoman wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:20 pm
Jon Frohlich wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:41 pm
Tornadoman wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:35 pm It looks like there is actually legal access on Bar NI Ranch. My belief is you would have to be a guest, but might be an option for Mariquita.

https://thebarniranch.com/activities/
My understanding has always been that while Bar NI does have guests it isn't open to anyone. The website does say "we are not open to the public".

I doubt that any of us can call up and book a room. Someone should try though.
I did notice the 'not open to public' as I looked at it more. But yet they do have guests and a website explaining what can be done on the ranch so for the right price I bet it's possible. :-D
I think the family has a charitable foundation from what I recall of past research. A few million dollar donation would probably do it.