Castle and Conundrum 6/12/21

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Post Reply
stomblin7
Posts: 11
Joined: 7/22/2016
14ers: 52 1
13ers: 38 3

Castle and Conundrum 6/12/21

Post by stomblin7 »

Hi there,

Looking for potential partner with 4wd capability to hopefully cut some miles off if possible or at least make the campsites just before the creek crossing (my coupe won't make the campsites). I'm expecting winter-like conditions (as of latest trip reports) and want a partner experienced and self sufficient as well. Open to climbing Castle's North Face Couloir if conditions hold that far out, but definitely want both peaks. I'm looking to drive in Friday evening and climb Saturday weather permitting.
Kimberlyann00
Posts: 3
Joined: 8/26/2019
14ers: 36 1

Re: Castle and Conundrum 6/12/21

Post by Kimberlyann00 »

I'm planning to do C&C this weekend, drive over Saturday, hike Sunday. I'm planning the standard route, w/ a glissade down from the saddle, if the snow permits. Happy to have company should your plans shift by a day. -Kim
zg_hiker
Posts: 2
Joined: 8/19/2020
14ers: 12
13ers: 5

Re: Castle and Conundrum 6/12/21

Post by zg_hiker »

Kimberlyann00 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:55 am I'm planning to do C&C this weekend, drive over Saturday, hike Sunday. I'm planning the standard route, w/ a glissade down from the saddle, if the snow permits. Happy to have company should your plans shift by a day. -Kim
Hi Kimberly! How far do you plan to drive up the trail? I'd consider going this weekend while glissading is still a possibility, but my 4Runner is 3-wheel-drive at the moment.

- Sara
stomblin7
Posts: 11
Joined: 7/22/2016
14ers: 52 1
13ers: 38 3

Re: Castle and Conundrum 6/12/21

Post by stomblin7 »

I found a partner and we are planning on Saturday. I'll post conditions report sometime that evening for those of you going Sunday.
Kimberlyann00
Posts: 3
Joined: 8/26/2019
14ers: 36 1

Re: Castle and Conundrum 6/12/21

Post by Kimberlyann00 »

zg_hiker wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:33 pm
Kimberlyann00 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:55 am I'm planning to do C&C this weekend, drive over Saturday, hike Sunday. I'm planning the standard route, w/ a glissade down from the saddle, if the snow permits. Happy to have company should your plans shift by a day. -Kim
Hi Kimberly! How far do you plan to drive up the trail? I'd consider going this weekend while glissading is still a possibility, but my 4Runner is 3-wheel-drive at the moment.

- Sara
Sara - I'm hoping to make it up to the creek crossing. I have a Subaru Forester that is generally pretty good at getting most places w/ careful driving. I'm thinking of leaving Denver around noon or 1 tomorrow. Let me know what you think.

-Kim
zg_hiker
Posts: 2
Joined: 8/19/2020
14ers: 12
13ers: 5

Re: Castle and Conundrum 6/12/21

Post by zg_hiker »

Kimberlyann00 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:45 am
zg_hiker wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:33 pm
Kimberlyann00 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:55 am I'm planning to do C&C this weekend, drive over Saturday, hike Sunday. I'm planning the standard route, w/ a glissade down from the saddle, if the snow permits. Happy to have company should your plans shift by a day. -Kim
Hi Kimberly! How far do you plan to drive up the trail? I'd consider going this weekend while glissading is still a possibility, but my 4Runner is 3-wheel-drive at the moment.

- Sara
Sara - I'm hoping to make it up to the creek crossing. I have a Subaru Forester that is generally pretty good at getting most places w/ careful driving. I'm thinking of leaving Denver around noon or 1 tomorrow. Let me know what you think.

-Kim
Hi Kim, can you PM me? I'll send you my number.
Is that the first river crossing at 1.3 miles, or are you going further? Also, are you camping up there Saturday night? I'm local, and have another friend in Glenwood that wants to check these off, too.

-Sara
Post Reply