Dancesatmoonrise wrote:Britt, Darin, Anna, I'm looking for something to do tomorrow, but the new snow and wind has me concerned. Britt, I assume you'll be ascending that NE slope for Buckskin? How safe do you think that will be right now?
Anna, what route did you have in mind for the Sangre? I had planned Lindsey, as the storm was supposed to miss the Sangre, but didn't. This morning's CAIC report:
"Six to 8 inches of snow and up to an inch or more of water fell in the Sangre de Cristos in the last 18 hours. Strong winds from the south east to the southwest continued overnight. This has built fresh storm slabs on north through east aspects near and above treeline. These slabs will build on a combination of hard wind and melt-freeze crusts, and will be easy to trigger today."
I'd like to get out tomorrow, but pondering whether it would be better to wait till things settle around the state. What do you guys think?
I plan to decide the final route in the morning once we've got a visual on the mountain however, I'm leaning towards just following right underneath the powerlines all the way to the ridgetop between Democrat and Mt. Buckskin. This would keep us on the lowest slope angle. (look at the map Rob posted on Page 1.)
If it looks avy safe underneath Loveland Mnt. and if the winds/cold aren't killing us, then I may hike the ridge south to Loveland Mnt. and descend straight east off Loveland back down that ridge to the road.
According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you.
1 Peter 1:3-4