Gerald Vidan aka 'tunaman69'

Please, no analysis or debate in this sub-forum. This is for memorial threads only.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
seanfyodorovich
Trip Reports (0)

Gerald Vidan aka 'tunaman69'

Post by seanfyodorovich »

Jerry's widow asked me to post this here as she said he had a few friends here. He was my best friend.

He passed away on July 3rd at home in his sleep. Cause still unknown but they believe it was heart-related. He just turned 50.

https://warrenmcelwain.com/obituary/ger ... dan-d-d-s/
nunns
14ers: 43 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Gerald Vidan aka 'tunaman69'

Post by nunns »

Very sad to hear. Sounds like he was a nice guy.

Sean Nunn
"Thy righteousness is like the great mountains." --Psalms 36:6
glenmiz
14ers: 58 
13ers: 121 1 3
Trip Reports (4)

Post by glenmiz »

Condolences to you and Jerry's family. May he rest in peace.
Aim high to end high
TomPierce
Trip Reports (2)

Post by TomPierce »

My condolences, RIP.

-Tom
MonGoose
14ers: 58  16  17 
13ers: 51 11 1
Trip Reports (16)

Post by MonGoose »

I'm sorry for your loss.
seanfyodorovich
Trip Reports (0)

Post by seanfyodorovich »

Thanks, guys. Hopefully whoever it was from here that hiked with him a few times will see this.

I never had much interest in doing a 14er but in his honor I am thinking about doing one.