RIP Jeff Lowe

Please, no analysis or debate in this sub-forum. This is for memorial threads only.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
dpage
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 28 3
Trip Reports (1)

RIP Jeff Lowe

Post by dpage »

https://www.facebook.com/11813724824502 ... 323358336/

Glad that I had a chance to meet him a couple of years ago at the Lyrics in Ft Collins. His accomplishments are legendary. I hope you're climbing ice wherever you are Jeff.
TomPierce
Trip Reports (2)

Re: RIP Jeff Lowe

Post by TomPierce »

I'm certainly not into hero worship, but Jeff Lowe came pretty close to being mine in the climbing world. So multi-talented, such bold routes. It was a real shame to see the effect disease had on him later in life. I had the chance to spend a couple of days with him in Boulder Canyon back in the 90's when he offered an aid climbing clinic. I think 6 of us showed up, it was a great weekend. The way he could scramble up 5.9 unroped with just sneakers on was impressive and intimidating.

RIP, Jeff.

-Tom
kaiman
Trip Reports (10)

Post by kaiman »

Sad to hear this news about Jeff, although not entirely surprised. I had the chance to meet him in Denver at a showing of the documentary about his life Metanoia a few years ago and was blown away by his accomplishments, graciousness with the audience, and great sense of humor. RIP Jeff you will be missed.

Kai
"I want to keep the mountains clean of racism, religion and politics. In the mountains this should play no role."

- Joe Stettner

"I haven't climbed Everest, skied to the poles, or sailed single-handed around the world. The goals I set out to accomplish aren't easily measured or quantified by world records or "firsts." The reasons I climb, and the climbs I do, are about more than distance or altitude, they are about breaking barriers within myself."

- Andy Kirkpatrick
XterraRob
14ers: 42  7 
13ers: 14
Trip Reports (4)

Post by XterraRob »

Ahhh RIP Jeff :(
RIP - M56
Re-introduce Grizzly Bears into the Colorado Wilderness™