Fire Ban

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
tlerunner
14ers: 27 
13ers: 57
Trip Reports (2)

Fire Ban

Post by tlerunner »

To the two different campsites at Rainbow Lake (Mt Zirkel Wilderness) that walked by the FIRE BAN sign at the trailhead and yet felt entitled to a camp fire anyways, karma is coming for you.

Sorry, needed to rant. My house almost was burned down last summer because someone felt entitled to an illegal campfire.

I won't even mention one of them running a drone in a wilderness area.
mindfolded
14ers: 43  3 
13ers: 20 2
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Fire Ban

Post by mindfolded »

tlerunner wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:29 pm I won't even mention one of them running a drone in a wilderness area.
You just did.
SkaredShtles
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Fire Ban

Post by SkaredShtles »

You need to mention these sorts of things to the offenders. Perhaps tell them you saw a ranger coming up the trail...