Poll: Do you hike the Incline?

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.

Do you hike the Manitou Incline? What's your time (from bottom to top step)?

5+ a week
2%
1-2 a week
7%
1-2 a month
4%
Handful times a year
32%
sub-30 minutes
11%
30-35 minutes
11%
36-40 minutes
13%
41-45 minutes
6%
46-50 minutes
5%
51-59 minutes
6%
1hr +
5%

Total votes: 85
d_baker
14ers: 58 15
13ers: 277 9
Trip Reports (57)

Re: Poll: Do you hike the Incline?

Post by d_baker » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:51 pm

They're issuing wrist bands again.
Manitou council was disappointed that it had stopped. Apparently the wrist band provides discounts in town?? But where, I don't know.
Kind of stupid, since anyone that makes a reservation has proof of it on their phone (assuming everyone has smart phone these days).
Plus, most wristbands would be found littered along incline and road.
CaptCO
14ers: 58 14
13ers: 45 1
Trip Reports (5)

Post by CaptCO » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:04 pm

Welp, that didn’t last long! I would rather sleep than do the incline, no option for that though
"It's a thing if you want it to be a thing. What others think of something is irrelevant." -OldSchool

Proof is in the progress, patience is essence; I’m crazy as a fox

"The future no longer belongs to my generation"

DM @Capt_Alec for nudes
Trotter
14ers: 53 5
13ers: 179 2 12
Trip Reports (13)

Post by Trotter » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:36 pm

I've actually never done it. Although I did do like 5 laps of the Castle rock mini incline once.

Much closer to denver is Mt Morrison or Mt falcon. All the gain, with less crowds, and a trail. Not stairs.
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Nelson Mandela
Whenever I climb I am followed by a dog called Ego. -Nietzsche
headsizeburrito
14ers: List not added
Trip Reports (1)

Post by headsizeburrito » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:02 pm

Done Morrison once since moving to the area and liked it, but the road work being done on 74 keeps that access point closed every weekday right at the turnoff to Titan road where I parked last time on a weekend. It looks like you could just park at the Red Rocks upper south lot and connect to the Morrison TH from there, right? Haven't been there yet but the website says it's free and open to the public on days when they don't have events. Would certainly be a shorter drive for me than the Incline, but without the giant burrito after...
CaptCO
14ers: 58 14
13ers: 45 1
Trip Reports (5)

Post by CaptCO » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:06 pm

headsizeburrito wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:02 pm
Done Morrison once since moving to the area and liked it, but the road work being done on 74 keeps that access point closed every weekday right at the turnoff to Titan road where I parked last time on a weekend. It looks like you could just park at the Red Rocks upper south lot and connect to the Morrison TH from there, right? Haven't been there yet but the website says it's free and open to the public on days when they don't have events. Would certainly be a shorter drive for me than the Incline, but without the giant burrito after...
Try the burrito at Beso De Arte for me
"It's a thing if you want it to be a thing. What others think of something is irrelevant." -OldSchool

Proof is in the progress, patience is essence; I’m crazy as a fox

"The future no longer belongs to my generation"

DM @Capt_Alec for nudes