Time to let go of my altitutde tent. Any takers?

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
runner800m
14ers: 21 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (1)

Time to let go of my altitutde tent. Any takers?

Post by runner800m »

I used to be really into the 14ers in your lovely state. I lived in Colorado twice and in the Four Corners area once. I even proposed on Mount Evans at the end of a cross-country scavenger hunt.

Alas, my Colombian wife feels comfortable in Florida, and we're going to settle here. I have an altitude tent that I have not used in years. It's probably time to stop lugging it around every time we move.

Is anyone interested? Glad to try to get pictures, the model, etc. if you'd like. Pay for shipping and give me your best offer, and I'll send it. Not looking to haggle on price. Just something small would be great. I could probably be persuaded into giving it to you just for shipping if you are really nice.
"A lot of people run a race to see who is fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more. Nobody is going to win a 5,000 meter race after running an easy 2 miles. Not with me. If I lose forcing the pace all the way, well, at least I can live with myself." -- Pre
Lhotse27
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Time to let go of my altitutde tent. Any takers?

Post by Lhotse27 »

Abraham Linksys
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Abraham Linksys »

I've gotten numerous spam emails and texts over this thread. Don't give out your email address.
Last edited by Abraham Linksys on Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wentzl
14ers: 58  20 
13ers: 55
Trip Reports (49)

Post by Wentzl »

pm sent.

Then I saw you wanted to send it to someone "nice"

ha ha. I am out.
Shorter of Breath and One Day Closer . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZXKgl8turY

"Social Justice" = Injustice
Progressives are Oxy-morons
runner800m
Trip Reports (1)

Post by runner800m »

Update: I've gotten a few PMs in addition to the two replies listing email addresses. I've replied to all the replies, but haven't heard back on any of those yet. So if you're wondering, I still have it!

Hope everyone is having a nice Monday. Enjoy the winter there for me -- it's in the 70s here all week. That may sound gorgeous, but as a person who misses seasons, I think it's a little gross.
"A lot of people run a race to see who is fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more. Nobody is going to win a 5,000 meter race after running an easy 2 miles. Not with me. If I lose forcing the pace all the way, well, at least I can live with myself." -- Pre
greenonion
14ers: 50  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by greenonion »

Does it come with a WifeConvincer?!
runner800m
Trip Reports (1)

Post by runner800m »

greenonion wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:28 pm Does it come with a WifeConvincer?!
It's probably an anti-WifeConvincer, if my experience is any indication!
runner800m
Trip Reports (1)

Post by runner800m »

Wentzl wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:55 pm pm sent.

Then I saw you wanted to send it to someone "nice"

ha ha. I am out.
I'll take honest as well. Haha.
runner800m
Trip Reports (1)

Post by runner800m »

There has been some confusion about what I'm referencing when I say altitude tent. So for clarification:

It's a CAT Colorado Mountain Room System from, I believe, the mid-2000s. Somewhere between 2007 and 2010, I think.

I have the generator (I think that's what you'd call it), the tube that pumps the generator into the tent and the tent itself.

Or, as one user pointed out: "I get it now, it's a hypoxia tent to simulate altitude. I was thinking more camping tent."
AndrewLyonsGeibel
14ers: 9 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by AndrewLyonsGeibel »

I would certainly be interested if it’s not already taken.