Favorite Beer?

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
User avatar
Dakota
Posts: 157
Joined: 2/27/2009
14ers: 22

Re: Favorite Beer?

Post by Dakota » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:46 pm

I've really been enjoying this Powder Run but it's hard to find in liquor stores. I need to visit the brewery itself.
Attachments
camphoto_1804928587-2.JPG
camphoto_1804928587-2.JPG (38.07 KiB) Viewed 392 times
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.
-Albert Einstein
User avatar
Kiefer
Posts: 1532
Joined: 5/11/2008
14ers: 58 37
13ers: 245 23
Trip Reports (4)
Contact:

Re: Favorite Beer?

Post by Kiefer » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:04 pm

Kinda curious. How many others here do trades with folks around the country? I have four others I do trades with (North Dakota, Michigan, New York & North Carolina). Works pretty good too! :)
User avatar
highpilgrim
Posts: 3075
Joined: 3/14/2008
14ers: 58
13ers: 82 1
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Favorite Beer?

Post by highpilgrim » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:06 pm

Kiefer wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:04 pm
How many others here do trades with folks around the country?
Beer travels well in luggage. I have Plineys coming my way right now. ;)

And if you don’t tell them, FedEx ships beer just fine.
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase
User avatar
Kiefer
Posts: 1532
Joined: 5/11/2008
14ers: 58 37
13ers: 245 23
Trip Reports (4)
Contact:

Re: Favorite Beer?

Post by Kiefer » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:21 pm

highpilgrim wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:06 pm
Kiefer wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:04 pm
How many others here do trades with folks around the country?
Beer travels well in luggage. I have Plineys coming my way right now. ;)

And if you don’t tell them, FedEx ships beer just fine.
Plineys you say??? I'm jealous! I wish RR shipped. =D>
User avatar
Dakota
Posts: 157
Joined: 2/27/2009
14ers: 22

Re: Favorite Beer?

Post by Dakota » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:26 pm

Kiefer wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:04 pm
Kinda curious. How many others here do trades with folks around the country? I have four others I do trades with (North Dakota, Michigan, New York & North Carolina). Works pretty good too! :)
What do you get from North Dakota that is unique? ND beers or also MN and MT?
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.
-Albert Einstein
User avatar
Kiefer
Posts: 1532
Joined: 5/11/2008
14ers: 58 37
13ers: 245 23
Trip Reports (4)
Contact:

Re: Favorite Beer?

Post by Kiefer » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:35 pm

Dakota wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:26 pm
Kiefer wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:04 pm
Kinda curious. How many others here do trades with folks around the country? I have four others I do trades with (North Dakota, Michigan, New York & North Carolina). Works pretty good too! :)
What do you get from North Dakota that is unique? ND beers or also MN and MT?
Drekker makes some the BEST fruited sours, fruited smoothie sours & fruited IPA's I've ever had. Amazingly, I found a small selection at Hazel's in Boulder.
And Blackstack makes DIPA's and TIPA's that I would put up against Cerebral and Weldwerks.

The app, Untappd is worth its weight in malt & barley! :wink:
User avatar
Dakota
Posts: 157
Joined: 2/27/2009
14ers: 22

Re: Favorite Beer?

Post by Dakota » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:29 am

Kiefer wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:35 pm
Dakota wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:26 pm
Kiefer wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:04 pm
Kinda curious. How many others here do trades with folks around the country? I have four others I do trades with (North Dakota, Michigan, New York & North Carolina). Works pretty good too! :)
What do you get from North Dakota that is unique? ND beers or also MN and MT?
Drekker makes some the BEST fruited sours, fruited smoothie sours & fruited IPA's I've ever had. Amazingly, I found a small selection at Hazel's in Boulder.
And Blackstack makes DIPA's and TIPA's that I would put up against Cerebral and Weldwerks.

The app, Untappd is worth its weight in malt & barley! :wink:
Nice! Thanks for the share, I'll look for some Drekker and Blackstack next time I'm up there. I think I have only had one Drekker before. If you can, keep an eye out for my buddy's brewery, Atypical Brewery & Barrelworks. I like his beers and not trying to be too biased. I also like some Buffalo Commons beers out fo Mandan.
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.
-Albert Einstein
User avatar
Matt
Posts: 2543
Joined: 7/26/2005
14ers: 58
13ers: 208
Trip Reports (32)

Re: Favorite Beer?

Post by Matt » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:39 am

Kiefer wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:21 pm
highpilgrim wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:06 pm
Kiefer wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:04 pm
How many others here do trades with folks around the country?
Beer travels well in luggage. I have Plineys coming my way right now. ;)

And if you don’t tell them, FedEx ships beer just fine.
Plineys you say??? I'm jealous! I wish RR shipped. =D>
Kiefer,
The Pliny he speaks of was purchased in Denver by me. He's wrong only that I haven't packed yet.
Russian River doubled production of Pliny a while ago. Since then, it's been consistently available in Denver on tap and in bottles.
IDK whether that's reached San Miguel County. Maybe make some calls to Gunnison? Over the years, that town has seemed to have a line on out-of-state beers not available further south in CO, for whatever reason.

As far as trading goes, the Pilgrim is my only go-to. I just use Untappd like LoJ, not like Facebook and most of the ppl I know there are from this site and live in CO.
(Not that I would tell someone "no." I just don't pursue it)
We are all greater artists than we realize -FWN
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -HDT
Peak List
Post Reply