Found Dog on La Plata 8/14

Dogs, dogs and even some cats
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
MaximusAndMe
14ers: 54 
13ers: 29
Trip Reports (1)

Found Dog on La Plata 8/14

Post by MaximusAndMe »

Reposting from trusted Facebook friend...
"Dog found abandoned and injured on La Plata peak. Found around 13,000 ft. brought down and taken to vet in Salida for care. Rhodesian Ridgeback mix with no collar and no chip. Neutered Male, estimated about 4 years old. Anyone recognize this pup?

According to vet: "Plata" is doing normal dog duties, eating and sleeping a lot given the trauma. But one day at a time is our mantra."

I do not have contact info for the vet office the dog was taken to - if you think this is yours or a friend's dog, please call the vet offices in Salida.
Attachments
LaPlata Dog.png
LaPlata Dog.png (728.07 KiB) Viewed 7879 times
719BR
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Found Dog on La Plata 8/14

Post by 719BR »

MaximusAndMe wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:54 pm Reposting from trusted Facebook friend...
"Dog found abandoned and injured on La Plata peak. Found around 13,000 ft. brought down and taken to vet in Salida for care. Rhodesian Ridgeback mix with no collar and no chip. Neutered Male, estimated about 4 years old. Anyone recognize this pup?

According to vet: "Plata" is doing normal dog duties, eating and sleeping a lot given the trauma. But one day at a time is our mantra."

I do not have contact info for the vet office the dog was taken to - if you think this is yours or a friend's dog, please call the vet offices in Salida.
if this is your dog and you left it injured on the mountain, don't call the vet. you're an asshat and someone who will actually take care of the dog deserves it.
JChitwood
14ers: 58 
13ers: 51
Trip Reports (0)

Post by JChitwood »

Surely this isn’t happening again. Hopefully the pup ran off and the owner doesn’t know where to turn.
"I'll make it." - Jimmy Chitwood
WVMountaineer
14ers: 58  4 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by WVMountaineer »

brichardsson wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:13 am if this is your dog and you left it injured on the mountain, don't call the vet. you're an asshat and someone who will actually take care of the dog deserves it.
+1
"There are two ways to measure life; the number of days you simply exist or the number of days you spend truly living your human experience." 14ers.com user goingup
Gandalf69
14ers: 31 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (8)

Post by Gandalf69 »

There is a special circle in hell for those who abuse animals. It's like being a child molester in prison. I really hope it was just a lost pet.
"There's always the possibility that some a**hole will be offended." -Clint Eastwood, Escape from Alcatraz
"Life is cruel, why should the afterlife be any different".-Davey Jones
"The decision to triage us to death...I understand. I don't know that I would agree with it. Certainly not in retrospect because obviously I made it."-Beck Weathers, Dark side of Everest