Dog looking for a loving home

Dogs, dogs and even some cats
Forum rules
Let's try to keep the topics related to mountaineering, please. Please do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
CaptCO
14ers: 58 14
13ers: 45 1
Trip Reports (5)

Re: Dog looking for a loving home

Post by CaptCO » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:41 am

Really feeling the love on this thread! Grown adults, like RyeGuy should be leaders and not followers.
"It's a thing if you want it to be a thing. What others think of something is irrelevant." -OldSchool

Proof is in the progress, patience is essence; I’m crazy as a fox

"The future no longer belongs to my generation"

DM @Capt_Alec for nudes
blazintoes
14ers: List not added
Trip Reports (11)

Post by blazintoes » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:54 am

Humility is wasted on the old.
CaptCo chill!

I rescued a dog, loved her, trained her and named her Champ. I started a new job working graveyard 12 hour shifts. Sometimes I could bring her to work. A coworkers 8 year daughter would stop by occasionally just to see Champ at changing of the guard. Many months went by and Champ needed a better home. I gave her to the 8 year old. My heart hurt. I still love Champ but one day the girl brought me a picture she drew in crayons to show me she and Champ were the stars at show and tell in school.

Champ has a big backyard and a loving little 8 year old that takes care of her better than I ever could.

CaptCo all dogs go to heaven. Please find humility.
RyGuy
14ers: 58 34
13ers: 185 7
Trip Reports (1)

Post by RyGuy » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:57 am

CaptCO wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:41 am
Really feeling the love on this thread! Grown adults, like RyeGuy should be leaders and not followers.
Alec...You chose to come throw shade at the OP for no apparent reason. Humility is something that comes with experience and I hope you learn and develop both.

I also hope you choose to be a bit more mature about how you choose to respond to threads on a public forum. Sending me private message like this really isn't showing any maturity and I am not sure what the purpose of it was.

"Climbing mountains is the only thing I know that combines the best of the physical, spiritual, and emotional world all rolled into one." -Steve Gladbach
big_red_pride
14ers: 33 1
13ers: 16 1
Trip Reports (6)

Post by big_red_pride » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:35 am

Thank you for everyone that has replied.

As for CaptCO, I appreciate that you have an opinion. It was an incredibly difficult decision for me to give up Piper.

It is just best sometimes to keep your opinion to yourself. I get why you have to post your opinion though, it is because you are not loved and this is the only way you can get attention. It is very sad and I hope you find love one day.

It isn't appropriate to make other people feel worse than they already do, so next time please be respectful of other feelings.
CaptCO
Trip Reports (5)

Post by CaptCO » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:36 am

big_red_pride wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:35 am
Thank you for everyone that has replied.

As for CaptCO, I appreciate that you have an opinion. It was an incredibly difficult decision for me to give up Piper.

It is just best sometimes to keep your opinion to yourself. I get why you have to post your opinion though, it is because you are not loved and this is the only way you can get attention. It is very sad and I hope you find love one day.

It isn't appropriate to make other people feel worse than they already do, so next time please be respectful of other feelings.
I'm sorry if I mis-understood you and hurt your feelings. The intent was not to hurt anyones feelings, but to see if individuals shared the same opinion. Don't we all hope we can find love one day! :lol: Luckily I have a very supportive and great family behind me.
"It's a thing if you want it to be a thing. What others think of something is irrelevant." -OldSchool

DM @Capt_Alec for nudes
highpilgrim
14ers: 58
13ers: 82 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:40 am

CaptCO wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:36 am
Luckily I have a very supportive and great family behind me.
One that clearly spared the rod too often with you.
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase
CaptCO
Trip Reports (5)

Post by CaptCO » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:41 am

highpilgrim wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:40 am
CaptCO wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:36 am
Luckily I have a very supportive and great family behind me.
One that clearly spared the rod too often with you.
To each their own!

DM @Capt_Alec for nudes
Trotter
14ers: 53 5
13ers: 179 2 12
Trip Reports (13)

Post by Trotter » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:32 am

CaptCO wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:41 am
Maybe don't start s**t if you can't take s**t? :-k
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Nelson Mandela
Whenever I climb I am followed by a dog called Ego. -Nietzsche
BoardingHiker
14ers: 50 1 10
13ers: 14

Post by BoardingHiker » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:14 pm

Well this is fun to watch
timisimaginary
14ers: 2
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (2)

Post by timisimaginary » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:42 am

i don't understand how CaptCO can do so much hiking when he keeps putting his foot in his mouth.
social distancing since the day i was born...
jfm3
14ers: 43
13ers: 15
Trip Reports (6)

Post by jfm3 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:10 am

I've said before on this forum that I wouldn't hike with CaptCO if he paid me. Now he's turned into such an insufferable tool that I think if I encountered him out on the trail I'd turn around and go the opposite direction.
Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/2596507" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jamie.mothersbaugh.3rd/
Eli Boardman
14ers: 58 1 13
13ers: 16 1
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Eli Boardman » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:27 pm

Last edited by Eli Boardman on Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.