Dog looking for a loving home

Dogs, dogs and even some cats
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
big_red_pride
14ers: 33  1 
13ers: 16
Trip Reports (6)

Re: Dog looking for a loving home

Post by big_red_pride »

Thank you for everyone that has replied.

As for CaptCO, I appreciate that you have an opinion. It was an incredibly difficult decision for me to give up Piper.

It is just best sometimes to keep your opinion to yourself. I get why you have to post your opinion though, it is because you are not loved and this is the only way you can get attention. It is very sad and I hope you find love one day.

It isn't appropriate to make other people feel worse than they already do, so next time please be respectful of other feelings.
highpilgrim
14ers: 58 
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim »

CaptCO wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:36 am Luckily I have a very supportive and great family behind me.
One that clearly spared the rod too often with you.
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase
Trotter
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 220 2 8
Trip Reports (10)

Post by Trotter »

CaptCO wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:41 am Really feeling the love on this thread! Grown adults, like RyeGuy should be leaders and not followers.
Maybe don't start s**t if you can't take s**t? :-k
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Nelson Mandela
Whenever I climb I am followed by a dog called Ego. -Nietzsche
BoardingHiker
14ers: 58  1  10 
13ers: 19
Trip Reports (0)

Post by BoardingHiker »

Well this is fun to watch
timisimaginary
14ers: 3 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (2)

Post by timisimaginary »

i don't understand how CaptCO can do so much hiking when he keeps putting his foot in his mouth.
"The decay and disintegration of this culture is astonishingly amusing if you're emotionally detached from it." - George Carlin
jfm3
13ers: 24
Trip Reports (12)

Post by jfm3 »

I've said before on this forum that I wouldn't hike with CaptCO if he paid me. Now he's turned into such an insufferable tool that I think if I encountered him out on the trail I'd turn around and go the opposite direction.
Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/2596507" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jamie.mothersbaugh.3rd/
Garmin inReach Map: https://share.garmin.com/jfmiii
Eli Boardman
14ers: 58  1  15 
13ers: 18 1
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Eli Boardman »

Last edited by Eli Boardman on Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
CUaaron25
14ers: 58  2  4 
13ers: 150 2 2
Trip Reports (3)

Post by CUaaron25 »

Shouldn't there be a cute dog photo on this thread somewhere? :-k
hellmanm
13ers: 45 1
Trip Reports (7)

Post by hellmanm »

CUaaron25 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:16 pm Shouldn't there be a cute dog photo on this thread somewhere? :-k
Yes! Agreed. Also y’all should chill a little on the shade — everyone’s entitled to their own view on what it means to adopt an animal (and what level of commitment it requires). Whether you agree w/CaptCO’s pt of view or not, there are undoubtedly others who hold this view. Attack the viewpoint, not the person.

I hope the dog finds a great home, and I applaud OP for doing whatever it takes to find one.
big_red_pride
14ers: 33  1 
13ers: 16
Trip Reports (6)

Post by big_red_pride »

big_red_pride wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:35 pm Good afternoon fellow hikers!

I have a dog that is in need of a good home. Her name is Piper, she is a mutt. Piper is a medium to large size breed and weighs about 45 lbs. She has red fur and light blue eyes. Piper is about 2 years old and loves being outdoors. She would make a great hiking companion for anyone who loves hiking 14ers or even just local trails.

Piper has a lot of energy. So I would recommend her to a family that has older children. She used to be with my family, but she was rehomed because my 2 year old was afraid of her. She has been trained and knows all the basic commands.

I forgot to mention, Piper is in Colorado Springs.

The current family Piper is with is moving and cannot take her, so they have reached out to me to see if I knew of anyone who would be interested in taking her in.

I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules, so I apologize Bill if I am.

Please PM me if you are interested and I can set up a time for you to meet this sweet girl.

Thank you,
Stephen
Reposting to see if anyone is interested in adopting Piper.