Dogs to be allowed in Rocky Mountain National Park

Dogs, dogs and even some cats
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Dogs to be allowed in Rocky Mountain National Park

Post by Scott P »

FYI:

I was talking to a park ranger today and learned that dogs are going to be allowed on the trails in Rocky Mountain National Park beginning July 1. The public announcement and commentary period will be released later this week.

On the plus side, it is suspected that dogs will not be allowed above the boulderfield on the Longs Peak Trail. Dogs must be leashed on all trails and waste must be carried out as well.
I'm old, slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.
davebks
14ers: 10 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (3)

Re: Dogs to be allowed in Rocky Mountain National Park

Post by davebks »

I heard they are moving all the prairie dogs they have removed from the suburbs to the park.
Last edited by davebks on Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
12ersRule
14ers: 58 
13ers: 157
Trip Reports (4)

Post by 12ersRule »

This is discrimination. Cats hike too!
WishIWasInTheMts
14ers: 36 
13ers: 15
Trip Reports (0)

Post by WishIWasInTheMts »

April Fools??
SurfNTurf
14ers: 58  28 
13ers: 127 7
Trip Reports (48)

Post by SurfNTurf »

Come on, Scott. This is too good of a prank not to write up on a "news" blog and post to the 14ers.com Facebook page.

#doit
“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper
WishIWasInTheMts
14ers: 36 
13ers: 15
Trip Reports (0)

Post by WishIWasInTheMts »

SurfNTurf wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:51 am Come on, Scott. This is too good of a prank not to write up on a "news" blog and post to the 14ers.com Facebook page.

#doit
Ooooh.....please do this!
BKS
14ers: 58  5  1 
13ers: 54 7 3
Trip Reports (3)

Post by BKS »

The only requirement I heard was the dog had to have climbed Everest first... Scott you seem to have a dog theme going today.