Dog found on Mt. Elbert! And rescued.

Dogs, dogs and even some cats
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
CamBreen
Trip Reports (0)

Dog found on Mt. Elbert! And rescued.

Post by CamBreen »

Black and white dog found on Mt Elbert at about 13500' at around 12:30pm on Wednesday July 19. She appears to be a border collie mixed with a Catahoula...We asked around during our descent and looked around at the trail head parking lot and couldn't find anyone missing a dog, so we are bringing her to the Summit County Animal Control and Shelter in Frisco.
rijaca
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 244 1 2
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Dog found on Mt. Elbert! And rescued.

Post by rijaca »

Good for you to rescue the dog, but why not take her to the Lake County (Leadville) Animal Shelter. Closer to where you found the dog.
"A couple more shots of whiskey,
the women 'round here start looking good"
Steve J
14ers: 5 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Steve J »

I met the owner on the summit around 9:00 A.M. He left the dog at the start of the ascent to the first false summit. The owners name was Ryan or Bryan and my wife thinks he said he was from Brighton (I know that doesn't help much). He said his dog would be fine down there alone...I'll let people take that however they want.
CamBreen
Trip Reports (0)

Post by CamBreen »

The dog had an implanted chip and the shelter was able to contact the owner. They just called to say the dog has been reunited with the owner, thankfully.
AndrewLyonsGeibel
14ers: 9 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by AndrewLyonsGeibel »

I would have kept the dog. Obviously it's owner doesn't care and it could use a better home.
doggler
14ers: 57  8 
13ers: 162 7
Trip Reports (25)

Post by doggler »

Steve J wrote:I met the owner on the summit around 9:00 A.M. He left the dog at the start of the ascent
I sure hope he conquered that summit. Accomplishment requires sacrifice ya know.
randalmartin
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 48 2
Trip Reports (13)

Post by randalmartin »

Another F**ked up Dog owner
CUaaron25
14ers: 58  2  4 
13ers: 150 2 2
Trip Reports (3)

Post by CUaaron25 »

Wow. ](*,)