Just remember, from now on, that K2 is no ordinary hill

Heres lookin at you, kid. :wink:
bustaheel
14ers: 32 
13ers: 29
Trip Reports (0)

Post by bustaheel »

Skateboard stops and you keep going.
Probably nowhere but in Boulder would one encounter strippers who spend there vacations trekking in Nepal.
peaks2paddles
14ers: 16 
13ers: 6
Trip Reports (0)

Post by peaks2paddles »

Andy, thanks for helping create one of the greatest threads EVER!!!!!!!
"Not all who wander are lost..."
wildbrookie
14ers: 18 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by wildbrookie »

Yay our own soap opera \:D/
mtnbikir
14ers: 23 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mtnbikir »

:D
birdsall
14ers: 20 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by birdsall »

awesome
COTXLAAR
Trip Reports (0)

Post by COTXLAAR »

LOL, sure there is ,yours was a good example. Thanks!
Greenhouseguy
14ers: 41  10 
13ers: 185 5
Trip Reports (71)

The Love Fest

Post by Greenhouseguy »

Please don't stop bickering. This is just like a family dinner at my house!
"May your boulder be your blessing." - Aron Ralston
cushman
14ers: 6 
Trip Reports (0)

Re: kimmie

Post by cushman »

ezsuperkev wrote:i don't know if her friend summited K2 or not. I know he was there and got pretty darned close but who really cares. she was just relaying information that her boyfriend gave her. could the information be wrong ? i don't know and its not important.
Two outrageous claims in one post are hard to let slip by, especially when one of them involves a climbing statistic that is unbelievable. Should we all be allowed to post second or third hand information when it can't be backed up with facts? The only way I will be able to trust any future posts from someone who I have not met on this site is based upon how credible their posting history is. I couldn't trust a trip report from a non-credible source.
ezsuperkev wrote:i think this illustrates an important point. just because you don't agree with what someone says you shouldn't try to make them look like an idiot. i'm wrong a lot and i'll freely admit it but if anyone trys to make me look like an idiot there is going to be a problem.
That's the difference. If I post something and I am wrong, just like you I will freely admit I f'ed up. My bad, I THOUGHT I was right, but now I see I made a mistake. As this thread went on, I was reminded of the Iraqi Information Minister: "I GUARANTEE you there are no US troops in Baghdad". Besides, there is a difference between an opinion that you might disagree with and a fact that can be proved or disproved.
Fourteener? I hardly knew her!
Mark Cushman
Andy
14ers: 25 
Trip Reports (31)

Post by Andy »

cushman wrote:
ezsuperkev wrote:i don't know if her friend summited K2 or not. I know he was there and got pretty darned close but who really cares. she was just relaying information that her boyfriend gave her. could the information be wrong ? i don't know and its not important.
Two outrageous claims in one post are hard to let slip by, especially when one of them involves a climbing statistic that is unbelievable. Should we all be allowed to post second or third hand information when it can't be backed up with facts? The only way I will be able to trust any future posts from someone who I have not met on this site is based upon how credible their posting history is. I couldn't trust a trip report from a non-credible source.
ezsuperkev wrote:i think this illustrates an important point. just because you don't agree with what someone says you shouldn't try to make them look like an idiot. i'm wrong a lot and i'll freely admit it but if anyone trys to make me look like an idiot there is going to be a problem.
That's the difference. If I post something and I am wrong, just like you I will freely admit I f'ed up. My bad, I THOUGHT I was right, but now I see I made a mistake. As this thread went on, I was reminded of the Iraqi Information Minister: "I GUARANTEE you there are no US troops in Baghdad". Besides, there is a difference between an opinion that you might disagree with and a fact that can be proved or disproved.
Right on Mark! I couldn't have said it better myself.

Some people are always right/never wrong. :roll:
"What a day, eh, Milhouse? The sun is out, birds are singing,
bees are trying to have sex with them - as is my understanding..."

- Bart Simpson

"You are not Steve F-ing House."
- Best RockClimbing.com Rant Ever

www.AndyInTheRockies.com
ThinAir
14ers: 38  10 
Trip Reports (3)

Post by ThinAir »

ezsuperkev wrote:
i think this illustrates an important point. just because you don't agree with what someone says you shouldn't try to make them look like an idiot. i'm wrong a lot and i'll freely admit it but if anyone trys to make me look like an idiot there is going to be a problem. kimmie is no different than anyone else in that regard. we all have our self-respect.

she was a great addition to this board and i for one will miss her posts. and for the record, nothing that anyone posts in good faith is BS.

There is no such thing as a worthless conversation.
C'mon Kev, Enable, much? The matter at hand wasnt a matter of opinion, it was a matter of fact, which shouldnt be left at "agree to disagree".

Further, she did not "freely admit" being wrong. While she did hedge a little bit, it was the "fine, but f.u. anyway" type, which will only accelerate the onslaught.

She made herself look like an idiot. Its totally unresonable to put that on anyone else. Andy's original reply was pretty benign and friendly, but she would not listen to reason.

I respect and admire your compassion, but feel that the idea that a good faith effort and total bs are mutually exclusive is pushing it too far.

Her effort seemed more geared toward bringing up her badass alpinist homey, and her $3,000 tent, then offering any meaningful council to the original poster, imo.
ADKben
14ers: 40  3 
Trip Reports (4)

Post by ADKben »

ezsuperkev wrote:she was a great addition to this board and i for one will miss her posts. and for the record, nothing that anyone posts in good faith is BS.
dont make urself as easy to rip on as kimmie did
a great addition to this board? ...wow