Forum rules
This forum is read-only
Ken Gross
14ers: 18  2 
13ers: 11 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Ken Gross »

g wrote:
kentheskier wrote:She was getting awfully close to the 10/posts per day average... which basically means that you post way too much, or dont have a job.

She was going to give G a run for his money on most frequent poster!! :lol:
But I don't think anybody's close to your stupefyingly high number of elementary spelling and grammar mistakes. Surely you're drunk (or on something stronger) most of the time. I can see how it'd be dumbfounding for someone like you to manage more than a couple posts a day.
What did you have to edit your post for spelling or grammer perhaps?
"Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb discussing what's for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb willing to contest the majority decision." Benjamin Franklin 1755
ThinAir
14ers: 38  10 
Trip Reports (3)

Post by ThinAir »

ezsuperkev wrote:its not the argument of weather she was right or not after all if you didn't know who summited K2 wouldn't articles like this from the colorado mountain club make you wonder ?

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_q ... _n16221068

maybe she is wrong i don't know, but calling her an idiot because she believed something i think is pretty weak. as for her being a great addition to the board. that doesn't mean she was all knowing about climbing (god knows i'm not), i just think she showed exuberance for the same thing everyone here does.
I realize that this horse is long since dead, so please indulge me one more observation.

An article like that WOULD make me wonder, which ties in nicely to the "did it count" and "bad partner" threads. It seems Camillo counted K2 w/o summiting it, which i can not effing believe. What is so hard about acknowledging our failures? Its not as if the way we spin something changes what actually happened. It is what it is, yes? And anyone who loves the mountains, and appreciates the enormous challenge of K2, will have no less respect for a non summit attempt. What is so hard about "attempted to climb K2"?

As for the exuberance, when i was a rookie ski patroller back in 94-95, there was a code of "ears open, mouth shut", and while i wouldnt have told kim to not post at all, she clearly went with "ears closed, mouth gaping"
longmonster
Trip Reports (0)

Post by longmonster »

ezsuperkev wrote: maybe she is wrong i don't know, but calling her an idiot because she believed something i think is pretty weak.
Oh for crying out loud!

Ok, ok! We're all sorry! The Easter Bunny is hiding in the closet.

It's nearly September, Santa is busy crackin' the whip on the elves at the North Pole.

Camillo did summit K2 not once, not twice, but three times. We are not worthy.

We are all sorry. Facts are always secondary to belief, feelings and enthusiasm!
Spam
14ers: 15 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (3)

Post by Spam »

ezsuperkev wrote: maybe she is wrong i don't know, but calling her an idiot because she believed something i think is pretty weak.
With all due respect, you have Gonzo as your avatar and you have to admit that Gonzo would have no tolerance. I have no position on this at all, but, as an ardent fan of H.S.T. he would have been the first person on the berating band wagon. Lazlo would have made her cry. In that spirit I feel you should temporarily change your avatar to Barney or one of the Wiggles for the duration of this thread if you wish to continue to make nice. :-s

(For the love of God, also realize that this is in jest and not at all to be taken personally, except by the ghost of H.S.T.)
"Getting to the top is optional, getting down is mandatory." -- Ed Viesturs
Dan the Mountain Man
14ers: 6 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Dan the Mountain Man »

COTXLAAR wrote:LOL, sure there is ,yours was a good example. Thanks!
I'll second that!

Dan
Bis zur Grenze gefordet, koennen wir alle mehr, als wir wollen -Reinhold Messner

One does not climb to attain enlightenment, rather one climbs because he is enlightened- Zen Master Futomaki
Joe Miner
14ers: 14 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Joe Miner »

After three unadulaterated weeks of hell, I drug my tired ass into the office this morning and in a moment of weakness decided I would catch up on the forum. I have sat here for the past 20 minutes laughing so damn hard my staff was ready to call 911. This is the funniest thread since the inflatable goat of last year. The jury is out on kimmarieloveswherever, but you have to admit that as goofy as some of it was, it would be fun to have that energetic naivete.
sonus
14ers: 5 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by sonus »

I slept in a construction van in Vail's parking lot for a few nights. The parking attendant said it was fine!
longmonster
Trip Reports (0)

Post by longmonster »

sonus wrote:I slept in a construction van in Vail's parking lot for a few nights. The parking attendant said it was fine!
This isn't the place to brag about your "romantic" encounters...
Andy
14ers: 25 
Trip Reports (31)

Post by Andy »

longmonster wrote:
sonus wrote:I slept in a construction van in Vail's parking lot for a few nights. The parking attendant said it was fine!
This isn't the place to brag about your "romantic" encounters...
:lol: :lol:
"What a day, eh, Milhouse? The sun is out, birds are singing,
bees are trying to have sex with them - as is my understanding..."

- Bart Simpson

"You are not Steve F-ing House."
- Best RockClimbing.com Rant Ever

www.AndyInTheRockies.com
duppyc
Trip Reports (0)

Post by duppyc »

Back to the topic at hand, a great place to camp in Summit Cty in the winter is hard to find if you are not familiar with the area. The place we found was pretty decent. Get off 70 at the Silverthorne exit heading N and hang the left at first light, you should be on Wildernest RD I believe follow that up a little make a few turns(consult a map) and there is a NF trailhead in the neighborhood of million dollar homes. We hiked in about 1/4 mile and stayed there for several nights with no worries. We were in the woods, but, could see people's back porches. Really easy access to all Summit Cty resorts.
Andy
14ers: 25 
Trip Reports (31)

Post by Andy »

Guess who decided to shift their allegiance to summitpost.org: http://www.summitpost.org/user_page.php?user_id=39229

I wonder how long she'll last over there. :lol:
"What a day, eh, Milhouse? The sun is out, birds are singing,
bees are trying to have sex with them - as is my understanding..."

- Bart Simpson

"You are not Steve F-ing House."
- Best RockClimbing.com Rant Ever

www.AndyInTheRockies.com
Joe Miner
14ers: 14 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Joe Miner »

Just because she is mooning someone in the photo doesn't mean it is her. Or is it? :lol: