This forum is read-only
skier25
14ers: 44  10  1 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (10)

Re: Vagrancy?

Post by skier25 »

The following quote was quipped by The Great Camillo at a dinnerparty:

“...after conquering K2 last winter (for my 16th ascent of the mountain), I am now leaving for my solo expedition to Olympus Mons on the planet Mars. After conquering the martian summit, I plan to spend the night on top of the volcano in my state-of-the-art tent that will undoubtedly withstand the brutal 10,000 mph Solar Winds. Shortly thereafter I will vacation in Europe where I will relax by jogging the Eiger, Monch, Jungfrau, and Matterhorn as a fun daytrip.”

:shock: This guy is AMAZING!!! :shock:
I get acute mountain sickness when I am away from the mountains.
Adrian
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Adrian »

Tory Wells
14ers: 46 
13ers: 24
Trip Reports (9)

Post by Tory Wells »

That's a nice tent, but that's not Camillo's tent. Here is a pic of it I took on top of Mt Bross a few years back. They opened the summit just for him.
"Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, am I." -David Gilmour, Pink Floyd

"We knocked the bastard off." Hillary, 1953
"It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves." Hillary, 2003
Couldn't we all use 50 years of humble growth?
-Steve Gladbach
Chris P.
14ers: 55 
13ers: 37
Trip Reports (5)

Post by Chris P. »

And a bargain at only 36 pounds.
covfrrider
14ers: 30  3 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (9)

Post by covfrrider »

g wrote:OH NO'S!!!!
Breckenridge Ban On Street Skateboarding Returns
BRECKENRIDGE, Colo. (AP) ― Skateboarding will be illegal on the streets of Breckenridge again starting next week after a yearlong reprieve.

Town Council members said Tuesday that skateboarders didn't follow through on promises to follow traffic laws and regulate themselves.

Breckenridge already had a ban on the books, but the council suspended it last year at the request of skateboarders. The council decided Tuesday to let the suspension expire and put the ban back in force.

Police say they have issued four summonses and five warnings to street skateboarders over the past year, but it's not clear what the infractions were.

Police also say skateboards were involved in two accidents on streets, including an alleged hit-and-run by a skateboarder.
http://cbs4denver.com/local/Breckenridg ... 47004.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kimmie screwed it all up doing those drunken 2am curb-stalls.
speedpolka
14ers: 23  1 
13ers: 9
Trip Reports (0)

Post by speedpolka »

One of my all time favorite threads on any forum, ever.
Subduction leads to Orogeny.