BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Re: Throwing rocks: Dr Kedrowski

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

That's messed up, Joe
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

yingyangsoup89 wrote:Since everyone has time on this forum, shower me with articles showing how bad things can happen even when you check the chamber lol. I'm waiting for it, courtney. :lol:
I'm pretty sure the "bad thing" would be that the person on the other end of the gun might think they are about to die. That's bad
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
yingyangsoup89
14ers: 36  5 
13ers: 23
Trip Reports (0)

Post by yingyangsoup89 »

My point is, you need the facts. Sure, if there were people en route to Pacific, I can see it being a dick thing to do. If you saw no one on trail, chances are no harm is done....Dr. Jon or not.
Somewhat of a Prick
14ers: 58  7 
13ers: 84
Trip Reports (17)

Post by Somewhat of a Prick »

yingyangsoup89 wrote:Since everyone has time on this forum, shower me with articles showing how bad things can happen even when you check the chamber lol. I'm waiting for it, courtney. :lol:
You want links to news articles where people were accidentally shot when they thought they were handling an unloaded gun? People who just assumed, people who pulled the mag out but left one in the chamber, people who need their eyes checked etc. It happens all the time.

My point if even if you're sure of it, its a terrible habit. Same with throwing rocks down a couloir
Lobojasper
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Lobojasper »

yingyangsoup89 wrote:My point is, you need the facts. Sure, if there were people en route to Pacific, I can see it being a dick thing to do. If you saw no one on trail, chances are no harm is done....Dr. Jon or not.
If the pope sh*ts in the woods, and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a sound?
yingyangsoup89
Trip Reports (0)

Post by yingyangsoup89 »

sure you can argue it is a terrible habit, but if you are sure (you checked the chamber or the trail en route), and no one is harmed, who cares?
Jon Frohlich
14ers: 58 
13ers: 162 3
Trip Reports (29)

Post by Jon Frohlich »

Somewhat of a Prick wrote: You want links to news articles where people were accidentally shot when they thought they were handling an unloaded gun? People who just assumed, people who pulled the mag out but left one in the chamber, people who need their eyes checked etc. It happens all the time.
You don't need a news article because it happened to me. Well, someone else handling what was assumed to be an unloaded gun but that's semantics. I have the scars (emotional and physical) to prove it.

So yes, it does happen.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

Fact: There was a party coming up the West Ridge that day and they saw Jon's crew on top. What if they chose to climb the North Couloir instead?
Roca
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Roca »

drjonkedskiI travel through life inspiring others towards working as hard as we can to be the best we can be for a friends for our family and for our career. If you don't have anything nice to say to somebody then don't say it at all- some people choose to bring other people down before they think about what they're actually saying. We should all try to be better people every day.

Pretty funny to do stupid s**t and make vague claims and then when called out you blame the people calling you out. FAKE NEWS!

Like posting up a pic of capitol and only saying "drjonkedskiBig peaks- big mountains and big adventures. Taking on the weekend......"

What I don't get is the WHY in tossing rocks down the couloir, and why document your stupidity?
billycox
Trip Reports (0)

Post by billycox »

Attachments
McLane.JPG
McLane.JPG (116.62 KiB) Viewed 12336 times
yingyangsoup89
Trip Reports (0)

Post by yingyangsoup89 »

Assumed and verified are two different things.

If they were coming up the couloir they would've been on trail with Jon.
brerrabbit
14ers: 57  45 
13ers: 189 8
Trip Reports (1)

Post by brerrabbit »

We thought we were the only ones on Quandary's north couloir on saturday yet we were met by a group of 2 near the exit. If we would've been careless on our route (we didn't see anyone on the trail with us) we would've been putting that group of 2 in danger. Furthermore, what benefit is it to be careless while on a route with rockfall danger, ie a couloir or a scramble besides laziness? Even though you may think you are 100% alone you should never purposely throw or knock anything off a route like this.