Forum rules
This forum is read-only
justiner
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 138
Trip Reports (40)

Re: JK's 2016 Ski Project

Post by justiner »

I guess maybe only JK knows why JK does these, to us, seemingly irrational things. If you look at this through Ethics, perhaps it could be called, "Evasion"?

I do hope he becomes a little more self-aware and decides to join the party we're all (hopefully?) having.

I mean, I see myself as a total weirdo, but I can hopefully engage most of y'all in a courteous manner ;) I'm just trying to have fun out there.
NM_Hiker
Trip Reports (0)

Post by NM_Hiker »

12ersRule wrote:
Mongoose, dancing on top of 14ers cheapens them.
I was thinking the same thing
piolet
14ers: 46  8 
13ers: 28 14
Trip Reports (0)

Post by piolet »

SnowAlien wrote:What does Lou Dawson think about all this?
I've been keeping an eye out on http://www.wildsnow.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for a discussion or comment on JK's project and so far I have not seen anything. Personally, I believe the omission of any mention of JK's project speaks for itself. For those who don't follow http://www.wildsnow.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, Lou writes about things that are relevant to human-powered skiing, especially that which takes place in Colorado. He even writes a periodical "Ski-Touring News Roundup" in which he comments on topical issues. At the peak of the JK controversy, he wrote a post about snowpack levels in Colorado.
JQDivide
14ers: 58  33 
13ers: 115 1
Trip Reports (58)

Post by JQDivide »

Found this on Twitter...

Roast Jon Kedrowski
@kedrowskisucks

Though whoever made this account hasn't tweeted anything....
justiner
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 138
Trip Reports (40)

Post by justiner »

That's totally uncalled for. F all that.
benlen
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 15 9 1
Trip Reports (4)

Post by benlen »

JQDivide wrote:Found this on Twitter...

Roast Jon Kedrowski
@kedrowskisucks

Though whoever made this account hasn't tweeted anything....
Childish but hilarious.
SolarAlex
14ers: 35  13  5 
13ers: 92 23 5
Trip Reports (21)

Post by SolarAlex »

http://www.aspentimes.com/news/22618057 ... s-14er-ski" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"KEDROWSKI SAID HE THINKS WEEKEND WARRIORS WERE CASTING DOUBT ON HIS ABILITY TO CLIMB AND SKI THAT MANY PEAKS IN A SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME. IN THEIR OWN EXPERIENCES, THEY GET SORE AFTER TACKLING A PEAK AND REQUIRE SEVERAL DAYS TO RECOVER, HE SAID. HE’S LEARNED HOW TO EAT RIGHT AND TAKE CARE OF HIS BODY SO HE CAN ENDURE MULTIDAY EFFORTS, JUST AS DAVENPORT DID, HE NOTED."

Bad attempt at deflecting criticism if you ask me
Vincit Qui Patitur
Cool Hand Luke
14ers: 58  1  5 
13ers: 105
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Cool Hand Luke »

“Almost every single one I skied from the top,” Jon Kedrowski Aspen Times June 23, 2016

Sounds like he's "almost" a 14er ski finisher.

The guy is a grown 37 year-old man and cannot own up to the fact that he did not play by the rules and did not ski all the 14ers properly. Sickening.
wildlobo71
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 88
Trip Reports (3)

Post by wildlobo71 »

SolarAlex wrote:http://www.aspentimes.com/news/22618057 ... s-14er-ski

"KEDROWSKI SAID HE THINKS WEEKEND WARRIORS WERE CASTING DOUBT ON HIS ABILITY TO CLIMB AND SKI THAT MANY PEAKS IN A SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME. IN THEIR OWN EXPERIENCES, THEY GET SORE AFTER TACKLING A PEAK AND REQUIRE SEVERAL DAYS TO RECOVER, HE SAID. HE’S LEARNED HOW TO EAT RIGHT AND TAKE CARE OF HIS BODY SO HE CAN ENDURE MULTIDAY EFFORTS, JUST AS DAVENPORT DID, HE NOTED."

Bad attempt at deflecting criticism if you ask me
Still so much of a BS article and sympathetic puff piece. The "critics" may just be nothing but "weekend warriors" who (paraphrasing) "can't handle one peak without needing days to recover", as the author gave JK platform to say. They, we, may be plebes who will never reach his heights - or even aspire to, but the research conducted by the Plebes, and the passion for the accuracy of what he is claiming to have pursued and succeeded in doing knocked him off his self-established perch and put him on a very uncomfortable platform of trying to both deflect well-earned criticism from those who know better (i.e. deleting FB and Instagram posts, blocking those who have some level of influence for the rest of the people in his crowd,) while still holding the stature he's given himself to the rest of those in that crowd who see him as a legitimate personality.

(Plebes - my word, but let's be real - he only cares about the 1% who are truly ahead of him or within inches of his heels on this, and other, accomplishments.)

I do believe he called us weekend warriors fat and lazy. I speak for all of us when I say you all are not.
Bill W.

Time for the next great losing streak to begin.
#forcedrefocus
polar
14ers: 2 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by polar »

So the other day I almost climbed a 5.15. Sure, I fell on every single move, and I had to pull the rope to get past a few sections, but the important thing is that I touched the anchor! If I learned anything at summer camp, it counts when you touch the anchor. So yeah, I'm going to call myself a 5.15 climber, just like Chris Sharma and Adam Ondra.

I'm sure none of you weekend warriors can touch the anchor on that thing. If you want to try it, it's the pink route with letter-shaped holds. It's pretty hard, so be ready to cry. I did.

Dr. Polar
"Getting to the bottom, OPTIONAL. Getting to the top, MANDATORY!" - The Wisest Trail Sign
SkaredShtles
Trip Reports (0)

Post by SkaredShtles »

wildlobo71 wrote:<snip>

I do believe he called us weekend warriors fat and lazy. I speak for all of us when I say you all are not.
To his credit...

I am.

:mrgreen:

Oh - and to prove it... I shuttled THREE Front Range mt bike trails today. THREE OF THEM. 8)
EatinHardtack
14ers: 42  20  3 
13ers: 79 32 2
Trip Reports (8)

Post by EatinHardtack »

Delusional.

I take issue with the condescending comments about fat and lazy weekend warriors. I work very hard, maybe harder than him, at drinking as many beers as possible during the week and then proceed to climb on the weekends. That work regimen and climb schedule is much harder to accomplish than just climbing constantly. I'd like to see Jon suck down a six pack a day then climb afterwards. That my friends is a climber.
"In our youths our hearts were touched with fire" - Oliver Wendell Holmes