Trip Reports (0)

Post by jfox »

Ohio State 55
Michigan 10

:lol:
stinkertodd
Trip Reports (0)

Post by stinkertodd »

Hey jfox8541 - I was shocked a couple of years ago when I learned that Ohio State is actually The Ohio State University. I say this because I graduated from Colorado College, which is actually...The Colorado College !!! We made such a big deal out of it that there was always a white "THE" spray painted in front of COLORADO COLLEGE on the green signs along I-25. I've noticed that the young kids these days just don't care, as it's never done anymore. Sad.

Go Buckeyes!! Beat the Wolverines!!!
"Are you talking to ME?" - Robert DeNiro
14ers4me
14ers: 10 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by 14ers4me »

55 to 10? JFox? That sounds more like Michigans consecutive bowl game appearances to Ohio States!
Colorado-The only place beautiful enough to call home
mtnmaniac
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mtnmaniac »

14ers4me wrote:55 to 10? JFox? That sounds more like Michigans consecutive bowl game appearances to Ohio States!
I think someone hit the nail on the head
jfox
14ers: 9 
Trip Reports (0)

Re: movies and football.... and guns

Post by jfox »

mtnmaniac wrote:Football:
Dear jfox8541,
Some Wolverines are gonna tear the hell out of some funny lookin brown nuts tomorrow!
What was that maniac???? Michigan is going to do what?
Michigan Sucks....'nuff said. :lol: :lol: :lol:
jfox
14ers: 9 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by jfox »

14ers4me wrote:55 to 10? JFox? That sounds more like Michigans consecutive bowl game appearances to Ohio States!
What was that 14ers4me???? Hmmmmm.....Michigan vs. OSU.....

OSU 5
Mich 1

Michigan still sucks!!!! :lol: :lol:
14ers4me
14ers: 10 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by 14ers4me »

I will have to say Congrats to you and your team. They are the best team in the nation and i am not afraid to admit it...with that said i still think Michigan is the number two team in the nation and i think they should play for the national title game on Jan. 8th. Oh and by the way your predicition still looks like Michigan to Ohio States consecutive bowl appearances!

Congrats
Colorado-The only place beautiful enough to call home
Estelle
14ers: 46 
13ers: 19
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Estelle »

I carry a .357 magnum snubnose in a belt holster on the front of my backpack. I don't always carry when hiking...especially not 14ers in the summer. Hiking solo without a trail is more dangerous and I've seen and heard plenty of big, scary animals. I don't think everyone needs to carry but I do believe that everyone should have some form of protection while hiking.
*Estelle*

--"In the mountains, the shortest way is from peak to peak: but for that you must have long legs"--Friedrich Nietzsche
jaywc7
Trip Reports (0)

Post by jaywc7 »

Ok - since this thread is obviously off topic, and I no longer have the energy to continue my gun discussion, I'm going make a small self announcement here. Hope nobody's to upset it has nothing to do with guns...

I've been in training for two and a half months in Memphis as a First Officer onboard a Canadair Regional Jet. Just tonight, I passed my FAA checkride! I'm finally all done! Did a good job on the ride, filled out the paperwork, and now I'm cut loose to fly the line! So excited! Now I'm packing and getting out of this town as fast as I can. My dream as a three year old to fly, has come through enthusiest, college, flight training, Minnesota, Phoenix, Denver, Seattle, Memphis, and after all the years, jumping through all the hoops, keeping my head up and my sights straight, I'm finally an official airline pilot!!!

Wooooo hoooooo!!!!!
josh
KenE
14ers: 31 
13ers: 30
Trip Reports (0)

Post by KenE »

jaywc7 wrote:Ok - since this thread is obviously off topic, and I no longer have the energy to continue my gun discussion, I'm going make a small self announcement here. Hope nobody's to upset it has nothing to do with guns...

I've been in training for two and a half months in Memphis as a First Officer onboard a Canadair Regional Jet. Just tonight, I passed my FAA checkride! I'm finally all done! Did a good job on the ride, filled out the paperwork, and now I'm cut loose to fly the line! So excited! Now I'm packing and getting out of this town as fast as I can. My dream as a three year old to fly, has come through enthusiest, college, flight training, Minnesota, Phoenix, Denver, Seattle, Memphis, and after all the years, jumping through all the hoops, keeping my head up and my sights straight, I'm finally an official airline pilot!!!

Wooooo hoooooo!!!!!

Congratulations!! Now THAT IS AN ACCOMPLISHMENT!! And remember that each good takeoff deserves an equally good landing.

I've always thought that would be a dream job.

So, now you can fly to Montrose any time you want and bang on the San Juans.

All the Best,
Ken
KenE
13ers: 30
Trip Reports (0)

Post by KenE »

[quote="Billygoat"]fleetmack

Wendy, I'm home!!!!!

!
As for the photo of Jack dated July 4th 1921 (I cheated and had to see the end again), that's a good question also and I wonder about that too. I've got to head out to work now and will think more on that on the way.

!/quote]

I was always under the impression that you couldn't get into the photo till you were dead.

I usually don't like horror, but that movie is so brilliantly suspenseful. And, THE LINES.

Redrum, "All work and no play....", "Wendy, I'm home",

I was in my 20's when I saw it first. When Scatman Carruthers (sic) takes the axe in the chest is the only time I've actually screamed in a theatre. Lady behind us says "People like that shouldn't come to these movies". BS- I GOT MY MONEYS WORTH.

Back to Guns. I've got one. I find that shooting is an extememly elegant way to punch holes in paper.

T-ride opens on Wednesday. Got new boots and skis too. Does anyone pack when they ski? "He was in a downhill tuck on full automatic........"

Happy Thankgiving y'all,

Ken
Billygoat
Trip Reports (2)

Post by Billygoat »

jaywc7

From an ex CRJ Captain, :D

Congrats on passing your checkride. I know what kind of a workout you went through. I was based here in Denver and flew as United Express to all the mountain destinations as well as out of state destinations. It was a real treat to fly across the 14ers the thousands of times I got to do it. I hope you get as lucky as me in that respect. BTW, who are you going with?

Steve
Listen to your body, it tells you when it's had enough.