The Classics
Forum rules
This forum is read-only
Marty369
14ers: 18 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Marty369 »

XkyleX wrote:Glock 30 (.45 Auto)

I think that is a 36. I own one of those and they rock. I like it more than the 30, but that is just me.
Alan Ellis
14ers: 41  6 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (2)

Post by Alan Ellis »

Yes, that is the 36. Nice gun. I put a couple of hundred rounds through a 36 the other day. Very accurate and conceals nicely.
Sack up and climb.
Team_Amateur
Trip Reports (0)

Re:

Post by Team_Amateur »

rlw49 wrote:PabloEscobar Got drugs??

I see no need for guns on hikes. However, I do carry a small mortar in my pack. Never know when you might need to lob one into the snow pack to release a possible avalanche. That way I don't have to attend all those refresher classes on av. safety. Just drop one and walk on.

This is a careless way to ski in the backcountry. Setting of avalanches when others maybe around is poor backcountry travel technique please be considerate.
Bobo
14ers: 19 
Trip Reports (7)

Re:

Post by Bobo »

panicneil wrote:Still? Wow. :shock:
+1 ... 7 months later :arrow:
"At this point the runner might philosophize a and consider just where he or she is in the Imogene Pass Run. You've climbed 1945 ft of elevation in 5.45 mi, at an average of 356 ft./mi., 6.8% gradient. To reach Imogene Pass you must climb 3365 ft in the next 4.60 mi, at an average of 731 ft./mi., or 13.85% gradient. Your effort so far has simply been a warmup. The steep gradients of the named hills below are now less than the average gradient ahead." - IPR course description
Tory Wells
14ers: 46 
13ers: 24
Trip Reports (9)

Re: Re:

Post by Tory Wells »

Bobo wrote:
panicneil wrote:Still? Wow. :shock:
+1 ... 7 months later :arrow:
2007.........make that 19 months later. :shock: Welcome to the site Team Amateur.......guessing your message just ain't getting across here.
"Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, am I." -David Gilmour, Pink Floyd

"We knocked the bastard off." Hillary, 1953
"It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves." Hillary, 2003
Couldn't we all use 50 years of humble growth?
-Steve Gladbach
Duffus Kentucky Climber
14ers: 34 
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Re:

Post by Duffus Kentucky Climber »

Team_Amateur wrote:
rlw49 wrote:PabloEscobar Got drugs??

I see no need for guns on hikes. However, I do carry a small mortar in my pack. Never know when you might need to lob one into the snow pack to release a possible avalanche. That way I don't have to attend all those refresher classes on av. safety. Just drop one and walk on.

This is a careless way to ski in the backcountry. Setting of avalanches when others maybe around is poor backcountry travel technique please be considerate.
RLW49 was just kidding. It's actually a pretty good sized mortar! Don't let them get one past you.
It looks like the ridge is just right up there!