Forum rules
This forum is read-only
rijaca
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 244 1 2
Trip Reports (1)

Re: 2 Guys Hiking Bierstadt Tuesday 7-31 Want Advice

Post by rijaca »

Rangerguy2010 wrote:....I don't need any more ignorance in my life.
I agree. You've got plenty.
"A couple more shots of whiskey,
the women 'round here start looking good"
Tim A
14ers: 28  3 
13ers: 51 1
Trip Reports (18)

Post by Tim A »

zdero1
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 85 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by zdero1 »

@THEODENKING: LOL

@ Ranger: I'm not a Marine, but a civilian...but yeah good to know that you hate other members of the military that have the same goal as the army goes...protecting our country. Agree with Surf...anger management would be beneficial for you. Go climb up the baby hills now, tough guy. Bring everything you think you need, and don't forget the supplemental 02!

The best part of waking up isn't Folgers in my cup...it's reading this thread!
Fisching
14ers: 58  10 
13ers: 144 1
Trip Reports (13)

Post by Fisching »

-
Peter Aitchison on the risks of rock climbing and mountaineering: "That's life, isn't it? We think the challenge and satisfaction you get from doing this is worth the risks."
"Respect the mountain. Train hard. Hope you can sneak up when it isn't looking."
"The mind is always worried about consequences, but the heart knows no fear. The heart just does what it wants."
AndYouSeeMe
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 209 25
Trip Reports (23)

Post by AndYouSeeMe »

I think we all just got trolled, there is NO WAY someone could be that 'ignant' :)
SolarAlex
14ers: 35  13  5 
13ers: 92 23 5
Trip Reports (21)

Post by SolarAlex »

Rangerguy2010 wrote: blah blah blah blah
Mr. Ranger, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Vincit Qui Patitur
Fisching
Trip Reports (13)

Post by Fisching »

A few musings of a dude who decided to read this:
I am new to 14ers, but I've got plenty of travels in the Kush, Alaska and Africa on 20,000ft+ peaks, so the joke's on you. Sorry to assume you guys would think before you speak.
With this Viesturs-like resume, we are you concerned with lowly Bierstadt???
All I did was implement the "Golden Rule" and retaliate just a little harder, which is what ignorance deserves.
I vaguely remember this part in the Bible where Jesus, after resurrecting from the dead, roundhouse kicked all the Jews in retaliation for their ignorance in not believing his earlier preachings. That sounds reasonable.
I'm sorry I haven't climbed tiny little f**kin molehills like the Rockies before.
Is that Pikes?!?! Image
Nope, just a molehill... Image
I have never seen such a large group of whiny little dumbass babies!!! NEVER!!! (Well maybe some primitives I came across in Brazil once)
For my response, I'll use your own words:
First off, let me start by saying that ASSumptions are the mother of all f***ups
Ignorance begets stupidity...
Peter Aitchison on the risks of rock climbing and mountaineering: "That's life, isn't it? We think the challenge and satisfaction you get from doing this is worth the risks."
"Respect the mountain. Train hard. Hope you can sneak up when it isn't looking."
"The mind is always worried about consequences, but the heart knows no fear. The heart just does what it wants."
Jim Davies
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 67
Trip Reports (5)

Post by Jim Davies »

Rangerguy2010 wrote:All I did was implement the "Golden Rule" and retaliate just a little harder
Climbing at altitude is like hitting your head against a brick wall — it's great when you stop. -- Chris Darwin
I'm pretty tired. I think I'll go home now. -- Forrest Gump
wildlobo71
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 88
Trip Reports (3)

Post by wildlobo71 »

live4pc wrote:Didn't gary swing say he had no access to get online??
Yes, his lifestyle didn't allow for the access, so he was... maybe I'm incorrect... going to the local library branch? He had me in stitches...

Oh, and be sure to vote green this year: Not my choice
Bill W.

Time for the next great losing streak to begin.
#forcedrefocus
pflegerc
14ers: 14 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (1)

Post by pflegerc »

Rangerguy2010 wrote: you suck at driving....
HOW DARE YOU!!!! If either of your personalities want to say all that other harsh stuff, fine. But NEVER call into question our driving!!!
Some people have Gods, I have the Mountains. Regardless, neglect either for too long and you will get lost.
Fisching
Trip Reports (13)

Post by Fisching »

wildlobo71 wrote:
live4pc wrote:Didn't gary swing say he had no access to get online??
Yes, his lifestyle didn't allow for the access, so he was... maybe I'm incorrect... going to the local library branch? He had me in stitches...

Oh, and be sure to vote green this year: Not my choice
Anyone who supports the farcical Kellogg-Briand Pact of 1928 has been hit by one too many rocks without wearing a helmet on Mt. Wilson.
MountainMedic
14ers: 58  3  1 
13ers: 18
Trip Reports (3)

Post by MountainMedic »

Loud noises! Ahhh! Toaster! Platypus!

The above line makes about as much sense as the rest of the posts on this thread. Mr. Middlebrook, can you put an end to this please?

http://www.funnypictures.net.au/images/ ... kes-n1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;