2 Guys Hiking Bierstadt Tuesday 7-31 Want Advice

The Classics
Forum rules
This forum is read-only
shoes_untied
Trip Reports (0)

Re: 2 Guys Hiking Bierstadt Tuesday 7-31 Want Advice

Post by shoes_untied »

My daughter and I did this hike on Thursday. My only advice would be to start around 6 a.m. traffic on the trail was nice and light at this time and we saw some great moose that people starting later probably did not see. There were only about 6 of us on the summit when we arrived at 8:45am. On the way back down we faced a steady stream of people and I imagine it got extremely crowded and probably less enjoyable.
Rangerguy2010
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Rangerguy2010 »

"In the amount of time it took you to write this reply you could have searched the forum and also read at least 3 of the weekly trip reports on Bierstadt's standard route." -------- All I hear is "Blah Blah Blah, I'm selfish and inconsiderate and Blah Blah Yadda Yadda!"

No duh smart guy!!! You instigated this BS...Or are you too dumb to get it? You forced my hand.

"And how do you plan on doing that? I'd be happy to go hiking with you but somehow I don't think that's quite what you mean... :-s" --------- Ha, good sarcasm and brush off, bravo. Passive aggressive twit.

"Glad you represented with the level of respect that I gave you." ---------- What Effin respect???? You completely disrespected me when you instigated this BS!!!! All I did was implement the "Golden Rule" and retaliate just a little harder, which is what ignorance deserves. If you let ignorance fester unchecked...it grows into something intolerable...which is what you already happen to be.

You can't justify your initial reply...NO WAY, NO HOW!!! You get relieved of a tiny portion of the burden because you replied without thinking, but maybe you should start to think BEFORE you respond to avoid future disturbances like this...just sayin!

You brought this on yourself, now wallow in the consequences like a good little muttonhead should. I don't hold grudges but I damn sure ain't gonna let people walk all over me without suffering consequences AND your words, where I come from, were fighting words and would've been met with extreme prejudice...but we're not where I come from and I don't stoop down to that level anymore, unless it's necessary to intervene.

Just stop thinking in such a selfish BS manner because forums are for discussing things and I had SPECIFIC questions I needed answered by LOCALLY EXPERIENCED people, as quickly as possible because of the fact that I only have internet access at my work, which severely limits my ability to spend lots of time on the internet like your troll ass, which I'm SURE the thought never even popped onto your radar, from the looks of it at least.

Also, I might strike up conversations with people that I maybe would want to befriend...WHICH SHO AS HELL AIN'T YOU! But I'm sure you still don't get it. The beginnings of a rivalry are developing here...please don't escalate this any further...I'm sick of fighting with people. Even though I END the fights, I'm sick of having to prove I'm right to every freakin candyass fool that has the gall to step up to me like you did.

But I do accept your apology/truce offer and I will not take this any further as long as you understand that I will not allow such a transgression to be repeated without face to face consequences and I have very poor temper control when I get blinded by my hatred for ignorance and thoughtlessness, just the facts there.

Thank you to all who responded respectfully...which is everyone but troll-f!@k Brian C.

Your welcome to BKullman - Ben.

And ThuChad - Funny comment....LMAO! Thanks for the sarcasm, I can get a joke even if the joke's on me....much more respectful than Brian but still informative enough to tell me it's a lot easier than I think it will be...I get it, I get it, ha ha.

Brian C reminds me of Kevin Kline's character "Otto" in "A Fish Called Wanda" LMAOLMAOLMAO!!!! HAHAHAHAHAH! Sorry but it fit's PERFECT! *chuckle*
pflegerc
14ers: 14 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (1)

Post by pflegerc »

^^^ Enjoy that comment Rich. I only checked this thread because I found it odd that someone asked for advice about Bierstadt without checking the forums or doing some research first (no offense). I visit the site daily, yet post rarely. Mainly because I have much to read and learn, and I ask questions only if I can't find the answer. A little leg work goes a long way on this site, there is tons of information that will give you the answers for almost all your questions. And seriously, this thread got out of hand quickly indeed...
Some people have Gods, I have the Mountains. Regardless, neglect either for too long and you will get lost.
Cruiser
14ers: 50 
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Cruiser »

Where ever you are... There you are.
DeucesWild
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by DeucesWild »

Rangerguy2010 wrote:"In the amount of time it took you to write this reply you could have searched the forum and also read at least 3 of the weekly trip reports on Bierstadt's standard route." -------- All I hear is "Blah Blah Blah, I'm selfish and inconsiderate and Blah Blah Yadda Yadda!"

No duh smart guy!!! You instigated this BS...Or are you too dumb to get it? You forced my hand.

"And how do you plan on doing that? I'd be happy to go hiking with you but somehow I don't think that's quite what you mean... :-s" --------- Ha, good sarcasm and brush off, bravo. Passive aggressive twit.

"Glad you represented with the level of respect that I gave you." ---------- What Effin respect???? You completely disrespected me when you instigated this BS!!!! All I did was implement the "Golden Rule" and retaliate just a little harder, which is what ignorance deserves. If you let ignorance fester unchecked...it grows into something intolerable...which is what you already happen to be.

You can't justify your initial reply...NO WAY, NO HOW!!! You get relieved of a tiny portion of the burden because you replied without thinking, but maybe you should start to think BEFORE you respond to avoid future disturbances like this...just sayin!

You brought this on yourself, now wallow in the consequences like a good little muttonhead should. I don't hold grudges but I damn sure ain't gonna let people walk all over me without suffering consequences AND your words, where I come from, were fighting words and would've been met with extreme prejudice...but we're not where I come from and I don't stoop down to that level anymore, unless it's necessary to intervene.

Just stop thinking in such a selfish BS manner because forums are for discussing things and I had SPECIFIC questions I needed answered by LOCALLY EXPERIENCED people, as quickly as possible because of the fact that I only have internet access at my work, which severely limits my ability to spend lots of time on the internet like your troll ass, which I'm SURE the thought never even popped onto your radar, from the looks of it at least.

Also, I might strike up conversations with people that I maybe would want to befriend...WHICH SHO AS HELL AIN'T YOU! But I'm sure you still don't get it. The beginnings of a rivalry are developing here...please don't escalate this any further...I'm sick of fighting with people. Even though I END the fights, I'm sick of having to prove I'm right to every freakin candyass fool that has the gall to step up to me like you did.

But I do accept your apology/truce offer and I will not take this any further as long as you understand that I will not allow such a transgression to be repeated without face to face consequences and I have very poor temper control when I get blinded by my hatred for ignorance and thoughtlessness, just the facts there.

Thank you to all who responded respectfully...which is everyone but troll-f!@k Brian C.

Your welcome to BKullman - Ben.

And ThuChad - Funny comment....LMAO! Thanks for the sarcasm, I can get a joke even if the joke's on me....much more respectful than Brian but still informative enough to tell me it's a lot easier than I think it will be...I get it, I get it, ha ha.

Brian C reminds me of Kevin Kline's character "Otto" in "A Fish Called Wanda" LMAOLMAOLMAO!!!! HAHAHAHAHAH! Sorry but it fit's PERFECT! *chuckle*
Speaking of Blah, Blah, Blah...go climb Bierstadt and get over it.

The only Otto around here is you dude.
Snowflakes, Uber Alles!

http://www.deuceIRA.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Put the Douche in your FiDeuceiary needs today!!
Robzilla
14ers: 3 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Robzilla »

I think a lot of us misunderstood the original question to mean that the brother in law from CO would be the hiking partner, although rereading it, it doesn't actually say that. The response to it was less than civil, but in his defense there were things in it that I think we were all thinking. I think it was a mistake to ask the questions that were asked and then request not wanting parental type advice. It was like handing everyone a giant pointy stick and asking not to be poked with it while giving head noogies.

This is a very supportive community with a lot of good resources, trip reports, and trip guides with pictures of every step of a route. In particular, this is a very pro-military and pro-first responder community. I hope the original poster will calm down a bit in the light of day and use it well and have a great hike and maybe even stick around for more. But perhaps threats of face to face consequences for the next transgression are a little much when the transgression was a rude response to a question on an internet forum. This place requires a thick skin sometimes, but it's worth it.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

Oh why o why did I read this thread??

:wft:

That's 5 minutes I'll never get back...
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
Hungry Jack
14ers: 12 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Hungry Jack »

Not quite on target, but close enough and certainly worth sharing a LOL:

please rotate your device
AndYouSeeMe
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 209 25
Trip Reports (23)

Post by AndYouSeeMe »

While Brian may have been a little harsh, the OP's replies and threats of violence are making him look like the ass here. I sure hope no one gets in your way on Bierstadt for fear that you will snap and kill someone. Take a deep breath........

Serenity now
Magnum420
14ers: 23  1 
13ers: 6
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Magnum420 »

All I did was implement the "Golden Rule" and retaliate just a little harder, which is what ignorance deserves. If you let ignorance fester unchecked...it grows into something intolerable...
Are you sure you know what the "Golden Rule" is/means? Do unto others as you would have them do unto you... I somehow doubt "retaliate just a little harder" is part of the golden rule.

As for Bierstadt, the only thing I will add is you should always bring your 10 essentials, and its probably a good idea to read and print out the route description from this site so you can have it handy during your hike.
"I was high on life till I realized it was cut with idiots!" ---Anon---
zdero1
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 85 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by zdero1 »

[quote

We're new to hiking 14er's specifically, but we are no stranger to intense hikes and bivouacs. I am a former Army Ranger with heavy outdoors experience and knowledge...and my brother in law was born and raised in the high Rockies, so please save us the unnecessary parental advice
and please stick to the stuff we need to know if you feel like chiming in.[/quote]

Ranger if you are going write a post requesting info you don't get to choose what feedback others provide. As you are new to hiking 14ers and are asking if you need crampons and other winter technical gear this late in the season, it seems like you would benefit from some "parental advice." Brian may have went a bit overboard but still not an excuse to threaten violence and act like a douche.
Jesse M
13ers: 15
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Jesse M »

http://i.techrepublic.com.com/blogs/fla ... option.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;