Forum rules
This forum is read-only
nelsoq
14ers: 13  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Hot Tub on Mt. Democrat

Post by nelsoq »

SuperiorTrailHiker wrote:I only have one objection in this whole affair, and that's with allowing yourself to be filmed drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon on purpose.

The humanity.
Someone just made more enemies than Ms. Veronikas. :P
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
~Lewis Carroll
Kiefer
14ers: 58  39 
13ers: 317 24
Trip Reports (18)

Post by Kiefer »

moneymike
14ers: 57  57  9 
13ers: 132 123 39
Trip Reports (46)

Post by moneymike »

Bean wrote:Woo attention whoring!
I like attention whores...they're much cheaper than the regular kind, and often more attractive than the crack kind.

I don't have very much money, but there is more than enough Mike to go around 8)
"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford

"Slow and steady wins the race (unless you're racing someone who is fast and steady)."
roguejackalope
14ers: 39  6 
13ers: 25 2
Trip Reports (1)

Post by roguejackalope »

thetoddman wrote:It contains a video supplied by none other than MountainFever herself documenting it all and the written report seemed accurate as well.
Sorry. I couldn't make it past about 0:56 in that terrible video, around the time of the first sighting of obviously miscalibrated thermometer.
"Hiking is just walking where it's okay to pee" - Demetri Martin
SuperiorTrailHiker
Trip Reports (0)

Post by SuperiorTrailHiker »

nelsoq wrote:

Someone just made more enemies than Ms. Veronikas. :P

If they're enemies that burn PBR for fuel, I'm not feeling a need to be particularly wary.
TrailKid
Trip Reports (0)

Post by TrailKid »

Ha! so this is what the nerdy world of sitting behind your computer whining on forums is all about. When it comes to getting attention. I don't see what the problem is with sharing what you put your life's efforts towards. And I'm sure you can skip over the thread if you have such a problem with it. Its kind of how the site works. If the dude who created the wheel didn't care to tell anybody what would have become of it? If Jesus freaks didn't share about the birth of there savior millions of friends and families wouldn't have much of a reason to get together in December. Maybe Mandy is contributing to a future Holiday to enjoy your wilderness. Last I saw there was a goal to build a 50+ person hot tub. I bet the media would sure love to annually report on the return to one of the biggest Eagles Nests In the Wilderness. Bummer for you Dick Moronis. In regards to thinking you can tell anyone to stay off public lands I clearly see that your schwartz are nowhere as big as mine or anyone else on this site for that matter. If you haven't noticed Mandy doesn't seem to back down to what people say she can't do. So clearly complaining to the internet isn't gonna do anything but fuel the fire.

It really sucks that you might have to see a group of kids working hard and having fun on your hikes and adventures. I'm sure if you were to come across one of the numerous self inflicted deaths in these areas each year you'd also make a point to tell the poor guy that next time, he better post to let you know beforehand. Maybe Mandy picked the slow season for a reason as well. I'm sure If you were to come upon the tub she wouldn't tell you to get your nosy loner self out of her area. I could bet you money that you would have ended up with a beer in your hand if you wished and a few new friends to adventure with for years to come. Good thing you did the climb on SUNDAY. Maybe because she's not a Chicago transplant she has a much more open personality than most.

If anything, Mandy Veronikas is an iconic proof in the flesh (whether its bare at the summit or not) that 14ers.com is a success. Myself along with hundreds (if not more) of experienced, non-experienced, old and young hikers, skiers, climbers, campers, bikers and/or none of the above have connected with her and even more with each other whether through this site or not. She's gonna keep having fun doing what she loves and if it doesn't harm you you cant really do anything about it. "PUBLIC" lands are for everyone to enjoy and if you don't like it buy your own damn mountain.

Just for the sake of this site please just quit whining! Your lives can not possibly be this miserable we have the gift to enjoy where we live and and play. Smile!
Happy Trails
DeucesWild
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by DeucesWild »

TrailKid wrote:Good thing you did the climb on SUNDAY. Maybe because she's not a Chicago transplant she has a much more open personality than most.
Shameless Self Promotion.

That's the issue. Veronikas can do whatever she wants. Making herself into a backcountry kardashian is what offends, not her Joie de vivre.

And Chi Transplant is the antithesis of her sleeze.
Snowflakes, Uber Alles!

http://www.deuceIRA.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Put the Douche in your FiDeuceiary needs today!!
prestone818
Trip Reports (0)

Post by prestone818 »

TrailKid wrote: Just for the sake of this site please just quit whining! Your lives can not possibly be this miserable we have the gift to enjoy where we live and and play. Smile!
Happy Trails
please quit your whining, it is less funny. now run along with your friend mandy...
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

TrailKid wrote:If anything, Mandy Veronikas is an iconic proof in the flesh (whether its bare at the summit or not) that 14ers.com is a success.
:-s
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
Kiefer
14ers: 58  39 
13ers: 317 24
Trip Reports (18)

Post by Kiefer »

TrailKid wrote: If anything, Mandy Veronikas is an iconic proof in the flesh (whether its bare at the summit or not) that 14ers.com is a success.
Happy Trails
HUH?
zdero1
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 85 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by zdero1 »

I know I'm a bit late on this one, but...c'mon Bean...You can't be calling someone an attention whore while you have your blog linked up on every post that you post.
Doctor No
14ers: 35  1 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (13)

Post by Doctor No »

TrailKid wrote:Ha! so this is what the nerdy world of sitting behind your computer whining on forums is all about.
Is there a short version of this that someone could point me to?