Forum rules
This forum is read-only
highpilgrim
14ers: 58 
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Please help us decide!

Post by highpilgrim »

sgladbach wrote:What the hell. I tried to diffuse and distract to no avail, so I guess I'll strip down and jump in (didn't bring my suit.)
Don't forget to lube up...
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase
susanjoypaul
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 88 6
Trip Reports (2)

Post by susanjoypaul »

sgladbach wrote:This thread needs 200 replies minimum.
Attachments
Dill Hole.gif
Dill Hole.gif (17.62 KiB) Viewed 10702 times
Skip Perkins
14ers: 52 
Trip Reports (2)

Post by Skip Perkins »

Hi,
I have 5 peaks left on my list that I've struggled to find time to finish: Crestone Peak, the Bells, Wilson, and El D. I would like to finish them before my 64th birthday which is March 12th. I haven't been able to train much but have done some snowshoeing in Wisconsin with my 11 month old dog, Hank. Are puppies allowed on the Bells in March? I don't care for the cold or wind and struggle getting those pointy things on my leather hiking boots when my fingers are chilly. Any advice?
Perseverance - The courage to ignore the obvious wisdom of turning back.
tmathews
Trip Reports (0)

Post by tmathews »

Contributing to the thread
Contributing to the thread
failboat.jpg (35.63 KiB) Viewed 10621 times
highpilgrim
14ers: 58 
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim »

Skip Perkins wrote:Hi,
I have 5 peaks left on my list that I've struggled to find time to finish: Crestone Peak, the Bells, Wilson, and El D. I would like to finish them before my 64th birthday which is March 12th. I haven't been able to train much but have done some snowshoeing in Wisconsin with my 11 month old dog, Hank. Are puppies allowed on the Bells in March? I don't care for the cold or wind and struggle getting those pointy things on my leather hiking boots when my fingers are chilly. Any advice?
It's quite nice in March. All you and your pup need is jeans and a cotton t-shirt, flip flops (as long as they have vibram soles) a big bag of beef jerky, a quart bottle of water and a warm hat. And don't forget to keep your pup on leash at all times.
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase
eagrnnr
14ers: 5 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Post by eagrnnr »

highpilgrim wrote:
It's quite nice in March. All you and your pup need is jeans and a cotton t-shirt, flip flops (as long as they have vibram soles) a big bag of beef jerky, a quart bottle of water and a warm hat. And don't forget to keep your pup on leash at all times.
Make sure you start no earlier than 11:00 A.M. That way, you stay warmer!
Winter8000m
14ers: 29  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (35)

Post by Winter8000m »

This thread just keeps on getting better. I'm enjoying reading it to say the least. Make it to 200 replies!
http://www.daring8000dreams.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Life is too short to waste away

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight" (Proverbs 3:5-6)
Jim Davies
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 67
Trip Reports (5)

Post by Jim Davies »

Don't leave home without your snow cat!
Climbing at altitude is like hitting your head against a brick wall — it's great when you stop. -- Chris Darwin
I'm pretty tired. I think I'll go home now. -- Forrest Gump
bblack99
14ers: 9 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (3)

Post by bblack99 »

Jim Davies wrote:Don't leave home without your snow cat!
Dear Lord, that thing is like Godzilla!
Kiefer
14ers: 58  39 
13ers: 317 24
Trip Reports (18)

Post by Kiefer »

timstich
14ers: 11 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by timstich »

Duffus Kentucky Climber
14ers: 34 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Duffus Kentucky Climber »

Skip:
My 62nd birthday is at the end of February, and I need those peaks also, so let's get together on this deal and make it the first weekend in March. That being said, I think 11:00 am is way too early in the day if we are going to finish our Ensure, clean our dentures, allow enough time for our daily enemas (you know how hard it is do give a warm one when you are camping) and hit the trail. At least we can share our blood pressure medicine and cut down on weight. I am stoaked, man. I hope it is cold and snowing and avalanchey and flaming monkeys are falling from the sky, cause that's how fearless we are when we don't have too many more years to live! Let's show 'em.
It looks like the ridge is just right up there!