Forum rules
This forum is read-only
Moboy56
14ers: 3 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Please help us decide!

Post by Moboy56 »

Hey, don't leave me out! i'm mid 50's and being the youngest i'll lead us up those peaks. i'll provide the gear, we'll take dental floss to rap down Wilson, and big safety pins hooked to our Depends for biners! it will be Epic! \:D/
“The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.”
Jack London
Fairlight
14ers: 2 
Trip Reports (2)

Post by Fairlight »

[img]0]3279603852_101721.jpeg[/img]
Attachments
3279603852_101721.jpeg
3279603852_101721.jpeg (29.13 KiB) Viewed 10982 times
llamaman
14ers: 10  1 
13ers: 11
Trip Reports (1)

Post by llamaman »

Gotta love the interwebs
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Scott P »

i'm mid 50's and being the youngest i'll lead us up those peaks.
Does this mean my six year old girl is not invited? :(
I'm old, slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.
temptnmonkey
Trip Reports (0)

Post by temptnmonkey »

oh, my, how this thread has grown.

I feel obliged to contribute some more off-topic failure.

hatidua
14ers: 18 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by hatidua »

Are puppies allowed on the Bells in March? I don't care for the cold or wind and struggle getting those pointy things on my leather hiking boots when my fingers are chilly.
All you and your pup need is jeans and a cotton t-shirt, flip flops (as long as they have vibram soles) a big bag of beef jerky, a quart bottle of water and a warm hat.
Hey, don't leave me out! we'll take dental floss to rap down Wilson, and big safety pins hooked to our Depends for biners! it will be Epic!
Make sure you start no earlier than 11:00 A.M. That way, you stay warmer!
Shawnee Bob
14ers: 22 
13ers: 6
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Shawnee Bob »

Moboy56 wrote:Hey, don't leave me out! i'm mid 50's and being the youngest i'll lead us up those peaks. i'll provide the gear, we'll take dental floss to rap down Wilson, and big safety pins hooked to our Depends for biners! it will be Epic! \:D/
Dental floss? Amateurs. You don't rap down with floss. You need industrial strength twine. Easier to grip.
Because life's too short to be an indoor cat.

http://proactiveoutside.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
susanjoypaul
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 88 6
Trip Reports (2)

Post by susanjoypaul »

Moboy56 wrote:just to add fuel to the fire, in his profile picture, (if it is indeed our hero) the gaiters appear to be on wrong. i believe the buckle and logo go on the outside of the leg/boot. just an observation.
Yes, his gaiters are on the wrong feet, and he's not wearing gloves (per his own account, he summited in blizzard conditions - yet I don't see any blowing snow in either photo) and he's not looking at the camera. Who *doesn't* look at the camera in their summit photo, unless they're trying to hide their identity, or it's a staged photo, or both. That picture was probably taken in his back yard - with the lack of gloves and gaiters on the wrong feet on purpose - and photoshopped into the background, to further prove his idiot status and get folks concerned about his lack of experience (or sense, for that matter).

My money's still on this being g's son. He fits the M.O. to a T: away at college most of the year, then comes home on Spring Break (remember Vail Bra?), Winter Break, or Summer Break, gets bored, jumps on dad's network and starts imitating his father, posting inane garbage to get people riled up, then when I (or a few select others that he has it in for) post, he goes ballistic. The exaggerated spelling, grammar and punctuation faux pas are all faked - anyone who can't figure out the difference between "to," "two" and "too," or can't get through a sentence without multiple exclamation points, is not going to be familiar with the word "hermaphrodite."
hatidua wrote:If this was April 1 it would make a lot more sense, but is this real or am I simply failing to see through the veneer of sarcasm?
Some people are jealous by nature, others marry into it.
Skip Perkins wrote:Hi, I have 5 peaks left on my list that I've struggled to find time to finish: Crestone Peak, the Bells, Wilson, and El D. I would like to finish them before my 64th birthday which is March 12th. I haven't been able to train much but have done some snowshoeing in Wisconsin with my 11 month old dog, Hank. Are puppies allowed on the Bells in March? I don't care for the cold or wind and struggle getting those pointy things on my leather hiking boots when my fingers are chilly. Any advice?
highpilgrim wrote:It's quite nice in March. All you and your pup need is jeans and a cotton t-shirt, flip flops (as long as they have vibram soles) a big bag of beef jerky, a quart bottle of water and a warm hat. And don't forget to keep your pup on leash at all times.
eagrnnr wrote:Make sure you start no earlier than 11:00 A.M. That way, you stay warmer!
Duffus Kentucky Climber wrote:Skip: My 62nd birthday is at the end of February, and I need those peaks also, so let's get together on this deal and make it the first weekend in March. That being said, I think 11:00 am is way too early in the day if we are going to finish our Ensure, clean our dentures, allow enough time for our daily enemas (you know how hard it is do give a warm one when you are camping) and hit the trail. At least we can share our blood pressure medicine and cut down on weight. I am stoaked, man. I hope it is cold and snowing and avalanchey and flaming monkeys are falling from the sky, cause that's how fearless we are when we don't have too many more years to live! Let's show 'em.
Moboy56 wrote: Hey, don't leave me out! i'm mid 50's and being the youngest i'll lead us up those peaks. i'll provide the gear, we'll take dental floss to rap down Wilson, and big safety pins hooked to our Depends for biners! it will be Epic!
Shawnee Bob wrote:Dental floss? Amateurs. You don't rap down with floss. You need industrial strength twine. Easier to grip.
You guys rock. Young bodies may help to get you up the peak faster, but a young attitude will get you up there in a much better mood! =D>
Duffus Kentucky Climber
14ers: 34 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Duffus Kentucky Climber »

Please SJP:
Where do you suggest we find those young bodies that will help Skip and me get up those peaks faster? And would you please also be the one that tells my wife that it was your suggestion. I'm thinking maybe two for each of us. I know I'll climb more often.
I love you.
DKC
It looks like the ridge is just right up there!
covfrrider
14ers: 30  3 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (9)

Post by covfrrider »

You will assimilate Wuldier!
covfrrider
Trip Reports (9)

Post by covfrrider »

Too subtle for you Kevvie?
covfrrider
Trip Reports (9)

Post by covfrrider »

ezsuperkev wrote:
covfrrider wrote:Too subtle for you Kevvie?
I dunno. if you mean assimilate him into trying to be more cautious and safe I guess that's a good thing.
For certain, assimilating into the nanny state will make him safer.