Mobile App Update: Condition Photos!

Information on 14ers.com Mobile apps.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Troll posts will be removed.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Mobile App Update: Condition Photos!

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

I just released an update (v3.0.4) to the 14ers.com Android app on the Google Play Store.

Most notable, the app will now retrieve photos attached to Peak Condition and Trailhead Status updates. Hooray! For example, if you're viewing Grays Peak and click "Retrieve Condition Updates" at the bottom of the peak page, reports with photos will display a blue link so you can view them in gallery mode.

I'll get this added to the iOS version soon...
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
Carl_Healy
14ers: 19  3 
13ers: 50 1 3
Trip Reports (4)

Re: Mobile App Update: Condition Photos!

Post by Carl_Healy »

Thanks Bill!
If you can't run, you walk
If you can't walk, you crawl
If you can't crawl, you find someone to carry you
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

Also, for those who are still using the OLD, obsolete Android app that was created by Nathan Hale (under Wyeknot Software), please uninstall it and get the official one, release directly by 14ers.com
oldnewapp.gif
oldnewapp.gif (16.99 KiB) Viewed 11777 times

Nathan's app is going away and does not have any of the new functionality.

More Info...
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

I just released a new version of the iOS app, which also includes peak condition and trailhead status update photos.
disentangled
Trip Reports (0)

Post by disentangled »

BillMiddlebrook wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:55 pm I just released a new version of the iOS app, which also includes peak condition and trailhead status update photos.
so awesome... thank you!
pattyduffy
Trip Reports (0)

Post by pattyduffy »

Are photos still not available for download on IOS? Thanks for your help?
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

pattyduffy wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:59 pm Are photos still not available for download on IOS? Thanks for your help?
They sure are! What version of the iOS app do you have? 2.0.7 is the current
pattyduffy
Trip Reports (0)

Post by pattyduffy »

IOS 14.6…are there directions on how to download? I don’t see a prompt anywhere…
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

I meant what version of the 14ers.com iOS app do you have. :)

Anyway, all you have to do is go to a peak or trailhead page and scroll to the bottom to retrieve condition updates. If an update has photos, it will display a blue link.
pattyduffy
Trip Reports (0)

Post by pattyduffy »

Bill, thanks for your prompt replies! So I was using the green CO 14ers app that has the link to 14ers.com! I didn’t realize you had your very own app until a short while ago. It’s SMOOTH. I love it! Thanks!
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

pattyduffy wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:01 pm Bill, thanks for your prompt replies! So I was using the green CO 14ers app that has the link to 14ers.com! I didn’t realize you had your very own app until a short while ago. It’s SMOOTH. I love it! Thanks!
Yeah, the 14ers.com apps interact directly with the site to receive updated routes, trailheads, and condition reports. I promise it will be helpful!