14ers.com iPhone App released!

Information on 14ers.com Mobile apps.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Troll posts will be removed.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Flyingfish
14ers: 58  3 
13ers: 533 2 16
Trip Reports (1)

Re: 14ers.com iPhone App HERE!

Post by Flyingfish »

The app is not showing up in the app store.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Re: 14ers.com iPhone App HERE!

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

It might take a while for the iTunes search function to pick it up again. My wife just used iTunes and clicked "View in App Store" from the 14ers.com app icon (already downloaded) on her computer and it showed it in iTunes under "Travel" but also told me it still doesn't show up in the Search function.

Additionally, the iTunes App Preview page is working again: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/14ers.c ... 55294?mt=8

I'll take a look again tonight and tomorrow morning...
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
Nelson
14ers: 58  8  14 
Trip Reports (26)

Re: 14ers.com iPhone App

Post by Nelson »

I got it Bill, using that last link.

Not that a natural navigator like myself needs it. I just find it interesting.
colokeith
14ers: 39  2 
13ers: 34 3
Trip Reports (7)

Post by colokeith »

It is now showing up in a search for me (iphone 5)
To climb is to push yourself in a way you might not normally imagine is possible. If your stamina, skill, and luck are sound you will get to stand on top. ... I realized that with climbing, I'd found something that nourished my soul and could forge me into a better version myself - Jim Davidson
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

Great, thanks
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

For those of you using the app, it would be very helpful to us if you provide a rating or review in the app store.

25,000 people have downloaded the iOS version of the app but we have less than 50 ratings.
larkinrx2
14ers: 35 
13ers: 7
Trip Reports (0)

Post by larkinrx2 »

how do you rate the app that was so brilliantly written it doesnt continously bug you to rate it?
What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - That's all I need the ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, and this magazine, and the chair and I don't need one other thing, except my dog.
[Shithead growls at him]
I don't need my dog.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

larkinrx2 wrote:how do you rate the app that was so brilliantly written it doesnt continously bug you to rate it?
Hmm, version 2... :idea:
colokeith
14ers: 39  2 
13ers: 34 3
Trip Reports (7)

Post by colokeith »

I will rate this app 1 star until you implement the features that I want.

* augmented reality overlay route on camera view.
* audible coaching for hand and foot placement on class 3+ terrain.
* ability to print a custom ice axe on an "airprint' enabled 3d printer.
To climb is to push yourself in a way you might not normally imagine is possible. If your stamina, skill, and luck are sound you will get to stand on top. ... I realized that with climbing, I'd found something that nourished my soul and could forge me into a better version myself - Jim Davidson
Trotter
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 220 2 8
Trip Reports (10)

Post by Trotter »

I love the app. Thanks for it
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Nelson Mandela
Whenever I climb I am followed by a dog called Ego. -Nietzsche
Alan Ellis
14ers: 41  6 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (2)

Post by Alan Ellis »

Little Bear Peak (West Ridge Route) on iPhone:

Every time I try to "Save Maps/Images for Offline", it crashes the app. Tried closing the app, restarting iPhone, etc, with no luck.

Other routes downloaded with no problems. Thanks. AE
Sack up and climb.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

The data is probably flogged in the app. I'd suggest deleting the app and reinstalling it from the App Store.

The Little Bear photo and guidebook pages were relocated back under the "Blanca Group" a while back and I know it was causing some app problems earlier this year. That could be the cause.