- Fixes the notification of a complete download of offline images disappearing right away
- Adds a close button to the images
- Added a button to take you to google maps for trailheads whose coordinates are known, which is most of them. You can use this to get directions.
- The issue where conditions sometimes weren't downloaded has been fixed, I think. I saw one that looked similar but actually wasn't the same thing that I can't fix, but I believe that the issue that everyone saw has been addressed
- The logo on the main page now links to 14ers.com, as does a new link that I added beneath the buttons.
- Added more descriptive help text for exposure and road difficulty, also added help text for Class 1, 2, etc.
I may be forgetting one or two other things, I've been in and out on working on this over the weekend, so there may be something else.
areed20 wrote:I was on the MT. Bross West Slopes route description page and I went to the Google Maps link. After I was done I hit back on my Driod and got a message that said "error cannot load route data" when I tried to get back to the route description screen.
This happens both for the route maps and for the new TH maps link. The reason is that sometimes Google maps takes up a lot of memory and causes this app to be killed. So when you switch back it doesn't know exactly where it was. You can just go back to the peak list to get out, but it is a bit annoying, I agree.
harrise wrote:I'm getting a picture about 25% larger than screen size in both orientations. Not a big thing, but I like to have the pic and caption all visible when tapped. Then I have to zoom out for the complete sentence to display.
This is possible, but I suspect that everyone will have a different preference, so I'm not sure I want to change it for now. This could be a future addition to the "settings" screen.
harrise wrote:When I start the offline loading in wifi and get out of range the downloading stops (obviously), then get no prompts to resume. Without data the only way I would find out is once I tap the next picture and get the "image not currently available" message (because the thumbnails are still there). The status bar icon stating that "10 of 21" downloaded successfully lasts only a few seconds.
You'll just have to redownload everything. The reason that I don't try only the ones that aren't there is because sometimes people will be downloading this when the images change, in which case everything will need to be downloaded, and there's no way to tell the difference. The issue with the status bar icon disappearing quickly has been fixed.
spaceman wrote:I think I got the new one installed, is there a way to check? The version shows 1.0 still.
When I view a picture on any of the routes, the zoom buttons at the bottom cover up most of the caption so it is difficult to read what the picture is of.
For now, the version that you can use to tell which version you have is only on the Help/About screen. The very latest (the one I posted tonight) is 0.2.
As for the zoom buttons, they disappear after a few seconds. That's an android thing that I don't have much control over, but when I re-write the image display stuff, that will be fixed.