photographer

Camera equipment and technique for taking photos.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
larkinrx2
14ers: 35 
13ers: 7
Trip Reports (0)

photographer

Post by larkinrx2 »

just wondering if anyone on the board does photo sessions (pro/side job so they have good equipment and can edit image as necessary)
I have an upcoming senior daughter that would be interested in a alpine setting to not have the standard barn or aspens background.
yes she has done a few 14ers and loved the fall colors off Bierstadt this past year and i was also showing her pics of the flowers in American Basin so something along those lines.

any recs of hikers with this background and other places with good settings appreciated.
What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - That's all I need the ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, and this magazine, and the chair and I don't need one other thing, except my dog.
[Shithead growls at him]
I don't need my dog.
hellmanm
14ers: 58 
13ers: 45 1
Trip Reports (7)

Re: photographer

Post by hellmanm »

My sister's bf is a videographer and video editor working in Colorado Springs. He's done about a dozen 14ers and might be able to help. I can PM you his info if you'd like.
kempenjn
14ers: 15 
13ers: 35
Trip Reports (1)

Post by kempenjn »

A photographer/engineer friend of mine has thru-hiked the AT and is about to start a PCT thru-hike in a few months. He's local to Loveland but has gone out into the backcountry for shoots in the past. Great guy, really fun to work with.

https://www.sanderspark.art/portraits
https://www.sanderspark.art/contact-1
nyker
14ers: 58 
13ers: 25
Trip Reports (69)

Post by nyker »

As far as other places, I think many of the high lake basins would be great like Willow Lake or the smaller lakes below Lake Como, under Capitol or those in RMNP or closer to Denver certain angles near Summit Lake off Mount Evans.
angry
14ers: 58  45 
13ers: 231 8
Trip Reports (0)

Post by angry »

Forum member Stephanie DiCenso is a photographer and does senior portraits. Her user name is sdicenso and you can email or send her a PM through the site. memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=949
ltlFish99
14ers: 49  3  2 
13ers: 51
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ltlFish99 »

Some of my favorite places close to Denver for wonderful scenery are:

Chasm lake by longs peak.
Blue and Mitchell lakes in the ipw
Spectacle Lakes in rmnp
Dream, emerald, and nymph lakes in rmnp are all delightful.
sdicenso
14ers: 38  2 
13ers: 13
Trip Reports (2)

Post by sdicenso »

angry wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:27 pm Forum member Stephanie DiCenso is a photographer and does senior portraits. Her user name is sdicenso and you can email or send her a PM through the site. memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=949
I do senior/family photos as Rose said as well as landscape and wildlife photography too. Don't know what area you are in, but we can chat to see if something will work. Send me an email colorado14ergirl@gmail.com.
Steph
Stephanie Di Censo

In scientific work, those who refuse to go beyond fact rarely get as far as fact.
Thomas Huxley
larkinrx2
14ers: 35 
13ers: 7
Trip Reports (0)

Post by larkinrx2 »

Thanks for the suggestions on places nyker and ltlFish99

kempenjn, sounds like your contact will be busy on the PCT during the timeframe we are looking at but will keep in mind when my daughter makes up hers

sdicenso, i will pass off your info to wife/daughter. we are in castle rock but final location is open to discussion!
What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - That's all I need the ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, and this magazine, and the chair and I don't need one other thing, except my dog.
[Shithead growls at him]
I don't need my dog.