maroon parking

Trailhead condition requests, questions, alerts, etc.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
cougar
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 135 2
Trip Reports (10)

Re: maroon parking

Post by cougar »

http://www.listsofjohn.com/m/cougar

"If we don't change direction, we'll end up where we're going."
"Bushwhacking is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get."
"Don't give up on your dreams, stay asleep"
Ecocrazy
14ers: 51  1 
Trip Reports (5)

Post by Ecocrazy »

Both the website and phone recording are clear that you need a permit to park for any length of time at any time.

I'm thinking of trying Pyramid tomorrow (Sunday), by hitching up either tonight or early tomorrow, in case any of you are headed that way and see me and want to help out. If I can get up there tonight, is it standard wilderness camping regulations right above the lakes? Just get a quarter mile from the road?
9patrickmurphy
14ers: 50  1  2 
13ers: 318 23 2
Trip Reports (1)

Post by 9patrickmurphy »

I'm confused by all the hype. I just checked their website and there are tons of "day visit" (12am-4:30pm) reservations available on weekends in August. I easily got one for August 7th. Am I missing something here? Reservations are ten bucks or free if you have an America the Beautiful pass. Really am I missing something? Did they just release a bunch more capacity or something?
LoveThisSite
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (0)

Post by LoveThisSite »

It appears that there were either a large number of cancellations, or they perhaps increased the available slots.
When I checked last week, the first available slot was end of Aug. I got a reservation for next week now.