Maroon Bells Lake parking

Trailhead condition requests, questions, alerts, etc.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
User avatar
ClimbingFool
Posts: 19
Joined: 9/25/2019
14ers: 32
13ers: 2

Maroon Bells Lake parking

Post by ClimbingFool » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:09 am

Did all the June/July permits really just sell out in one minute? :cry:

If anyone snagged one for June 28 or June 30 and has a spare seat or is willing to strap me to the roof, please give me a shout.
weakenedwarrior
Posts: 24
Joined: 11/5/2020
14ers: 28 1 3
13ers: 17 2 3

Re: Maroon Bells Lake parking

Post by weakenedwarrior » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:20 am

There are different links to use depending on the period you want to go. Keep scrolling down!
MichiganBrian
Posts: 162
Joined: 6/29/2009
14ers: 49 1 1
13ers: 39
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Maroon Bells Lake parking

Post by MichiganBrian » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:28 am

And be ready for a lot of spinning circles - seems in general website was not ready for the influx here today...
User avatar
jfm3
Posts: 152
Joined: 8/2/2016
14ers: 43
13ers: 15
Trip Reports (6)

Re: Maroon Bells Lake parking

Post by jfm3 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:34 am

^^^Any of the reservation blocks I click on won't even load the calendar- just a blank page. What a mess. I'm going to avoid the parking mess for Four Pass Loop this year by just starting at the Snowmass trailhead and adding on the Willow Pass section, but I still need to get up to Maroon Lake for Pyramid Peak.
Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/2596507" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jamie.mothersbaugh.3rd/
MichiganBrian
Posts: 162
Joined: 6/29/2009
14ers: 49 1 1
13ers: 39
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Maroon Bells Lake parking

Post by MichiganBrian » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:56 am

I managed to get one of the 60 hour permits...it was an hour of their screens spinning in the background from start to checkout though.
weakenedwarrior
Posts: 24
Joined: 11/5/2020
14ers: 28 1 3
13ers: 17 2 3

Re: Maroon Bells Lake parking

Post by weakenedwarrior » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:14 am

jfm3 wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:34 am
^^^Any of the reservation blocks I click on won't even load the calendar- just a blank page. What a mess. I'm going to avoid the parking mess for Four Pass Loop this year by just starting at the Snowmass trailhead and adding on the Willow Pass section, but I still need to get up to Maroon Lake for Pyramid Peak.
I remember you posting a trip report about running in the Alps some time back... were you planning to run the Four Pass Loop or backpack it? I booked a midnight to midnight reservation for September 18 to run the loop with a few friends. We can give you a ride if you're interested / if that date works for you.
User avatar
ClimbingFool
Posts: 19
Joined: 9/25/2019
14ers: 32
13ers: 2

Re: Maroon Bells Lake parking

Post by ClimbingFool » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:15 am

Apologies - this was a case of operator error. I hurried to click on the parking reservation before seeing that they had two sections (one for the pre-shuttle period, and one after). Everything's fine now.

Thanks!
MichiganBrian
Posts: 162
Joined: 6/29/2009
14ers: 49 1 1
13ers: 39
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Maroon Bells Lake parking

Post by MichiganBrian » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:16 am

For those still trying - I had much more success on my phone than via a computer.
User avatar
jfm3
Posts: 152
Joined: 8/2/2016
14ers: 43
13ers: 15
Trip Reports (6)

Re: Maroon Bells Lake parking

Post by jfm3 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:21 am

weakenedwarrior wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:14 am
jfm3 wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:34 am
^^^Any of the reservation blocks I click on won't even load the calendar- just a blank page. What a mess. I'm going to avoid the parking mess for Four Pass Loop this year by just starting at the Snowmass trailhead and adding on the Willow Pass section, but I still need to get up to Maroon Lake for Pyramid Peak.
I remember you posting a trip report about running in the Alps some time back... were you planning to run the Four Pass Loop or backpack it? I booked a midnight to midnight reservation for September 18 to run the loop with a few friends. We can give you a ride if you're interested / if that date works for you.
I'm going to run it. I just got a midnight/midnight reservation for August 21 and a day reservation for July 17! The website now seems to be working just fine. Thanks for the offer though. I'm hoping I have the fitness to do the loop as I described it above (5 Pass Loop?). I'm planning work up to the Chicago Basin Grand Slam in a day from Purgatory this summer, to really start extending my running chops, so hopefully I'll be able to handle that kind of distance by August or September.
Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/2596507" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jamie.mothersbaugh.3rd/
User avatar
WildWanderer
Posts: 123
Joined: 7/25/2017
14ers: 58 17
13ers: 241 19
Trip Reports (194)
Contact:

Re: Maroon Bells Lake parking

Post by WildWanderer » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:51 am

I wasn't able to get a 60 hour permit (I got the spinning screens too) and now they're all sold out. Instead I was able to get two back to back overnight permits. Each were $10 a day, but it's an option for those who are still looking to park at the trailhead for a multiple day trip.

https://aspenchamber.org/plan-trip/trip ... /overnight
It's a mountain: get over it.
User avatar
sieggy80305
Posts: 86
Joined: 6/24/2013
14ers: 30

Re: Maroon Bells Lake parking

Post by sieggy80305 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:51 am

Just realized that the shuttle allows only 2 night parking which nixes my plans for Four Pass + Snowmass. Is there a better option available?
User avatar
dwoodward13
Posts: 437
Joined: 3/26/2011
14ers: 58 12
13ers: 102 3
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Maroon Bells Lake parking

Post by dwoodward13 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:56 am

sieggy80305 wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:51 am
Just realized that the shuttle allows only 2 night parking which nixes my plans for Four Pass + Snowmass. Is there a better option available?
Do the 4PL from the CB side.
Post Reply