What Peaks can you camp when climbing?

Trailhead condition requests, questions, alerts, etc.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Trotter
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 220 2 8
Trip Reports (10)

Re: What Peaks can you camp when climbing?

Post by Trotter »

yaktoleft13 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:46 pm Why don't you do the research and put together a list yourself? That way the next person who has the same question doesn't have to demand that everyone else do their work for them
but he already said "thanks in advance". So you should just do it for him. :P
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Nelson Mandela
Whenever I climb I am followed by a dog called Ego. -Nietzsche
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

tipiman wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:44 pm Nothing is worst than finding out you CAN NOT camp until you get there...this site is confusing and over done...looking for 58 either "yes" or "no" list on this topic...not looking to search and probe for something that is so cut and dry.
Are you looking for car camping info or tenting accommodations?
A bivy can go anywhere.
A car/SUV/truck you just need/hope for levelish ground if you're sleeping in it. A rock under a tire can help level you out in some cases.
I've seen a tent pitched in the Maroon Bells parking lot, by another Baker. ;)
mtnkub
14ers: 58  1  7 
13ers: 116 4 4
Trip Reports (5)

Post by mtnkub »

Trailheads you are currently not allowed to pitch a tent at include Maroon Lake and Yankee Boy Basin. (You are allowed to sleep in your car, though, and both have facilities for responsible pooping).
tipiman
Trip Reports (1)

Post by tipiman »

d_baker wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:25 pm
tipiman wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:44 pm Nothing is worst than finding out you CAN NOT camp until you get there...this site is confusing and over done...looking for 58 either "yes" or "no" list on this topic...not looking to search and probe for something that is so cut and dry.
Are you looking for car camping info or tenting accommodations?
A bivy can go anywhere.
A car/SUV/truck you just need/hope for levelish ground if you're sleeping in it. A rock under a tire can help level you out in some cases.
I've seen a tent pitched in the Maroon Bells parking lot, by another Baker. ;)
I found a real cool place to set up over the weekend. Thank you for your positive input!!