New Ford Bronco

Trailhead condition requests, questions, alerts, etc.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
susanjoypaul
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 88 6
Trip Reports (2)

Re: New Ford Bronco

Post by susanjoypaul »

Last edited by susanjoypaul on Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Scott P »

susanjoypaul wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:46 pmEven the "Baby Bronco" appears to be a capable rig, but I'm eager to get my Big Bronco that I reserved over a year ago. Some day, some day...c'mon, Ford, get it together!
That's kind of weird that the people who ordered them a year in advance haven't gotten them, but the people who didn't order them can go to the dealer and get one off the lot.

I wonder what's up with that? Custom ordering usually takes longer than getting one off the lot, but in this case they were ordered in advance and they could have built those either first or at the same time as the ones sent to the lot.
I'm old, slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.
susanjoypaul
Trip Reports (2)

Post by susanjoypaul »

Last edited by susanjoypaul on Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
susanjoypaul
Trip Reports (2)

Post by susanjoypaul »

Last edited by susanjoypaul on Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Scott P »

susanjoypaul wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:26 pm
OK, makes sense.
I'm old, slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.
nyker
14ers: 58 
13ers: 25
Trip Reports (69)

Post by nyker »

Susan, sorry you haven't gotten your Bronco yet, I was looking forward to hearing about your experience with it. I've only seen the Sport models around here and yea I also first thought THAT was THE Bronco.

Automakers are in a tough spot, demand is still very strong, stripping dealer inventory on some models before they're delivered, chip shortages remain crimping production as well as shortages with other parts making filling orders and keeping floorplan capacities full difficult at best, all the while the government keeps paying workers to stay home watching Netflix perpetuating the labor shortage delaying what production they can engage in. A lot of dealers around us here have 10-20 vehicles on the lot and no trucks, compared with a normal 100-200 vehicles, mostly trucks, it's crazy. That and the overall higher demand is keeping the used vehicle market high also.
susanjoypaul
Trip Reports (2)

Post by susanjoypaul »

justiner
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 138
Trip Reports (40)

Post by justiner »

I actually saw one of the new Ford Broncos in the Chuy's parking lot. Seemed a fitting place to see one. Looked not all that large. Maybe the First Edition.
HikerGuy
13ers: 426 8
Trip Reports (9)

Post by HikerGuy »

A Ford Bronco spotted on the streets right now is most likely to be the Ford Bronco Sport model. The Sport model is a unibody vehicle that is built on a shared platform with the Ford Escape. Think of the the Bronco Sport as a beefed up Escape with more off-road chops. The real Ford Bronco, the body on frame badass off-road version has been received by very few customers as production did not start until early June.

EDIT: I've only seen the baby Sport versions in Boulder, but apparently the real Broncos are starting to show up.
Last edited by HikerGuy on Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chicago Transplant
14ers: 58  12  24 
13ers: 697 39 34
Trip Reports (66)

Post by Chicago Transplant »

I think the guy who owns the restaurant by my office has a "real" one, based on the badging location and I don't think I saw "sport" on his tailgate. He would have a Badlands edition based on the pictures I see on Ford's website (gold badge on the body by the side mirror, not on the door. I can ask him when he got it and if he preordered next time I run into him in the parking lot.
"We want the unpopular challenge. We want to test our intellect!" - Snapcase
"You are not what you own" - Fugazi
"Life's a mountain not a beach" - Fortune Cookie I got at lunch the other day
susanjoypaul
Trip Reports (2)

Post by susanjoypaul »

Last edited by susanjoypaul on Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
HikerGuy
13ers: 426 8
Trip Reports (9)

Post by HikerGuy »

Chicago Transplant wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:21 pm I think the guy who owns the restaurant by my office has a "real" one, based on the badging location and I don't think I saw "sport" on his tailgate. He would have a Badlands edition based on the pictures I see on Ford's website (gold badge on the body by the side mirror, not on the door. I can ask him when he got it and if he preordered next time I run into him in the parking lot.
I just checked some forums, apparently a few real Broncos have been delivered this past month. You've seen a unicorn. I'll edit my post, thanks!