Independence Pass opens Thursday 5/26

Trailhead condition requests, questions, alerts, etc.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Brian Thomas
14ers: 58  9 
13ers: 130
Trip Reports (5)

Independence Pass opens Thursday 5/26

Post by Brian Thomas »

Per the CDOT website:

"Independence Pass is scheduled to open for the season on Thursday, May 26th, at noon. Trail Ridge Road, Guanella Pass, and Cottonwood Pass are scheduled to open on Friday, May 27th. Mount Evans Road is scheduled to open to Summit Lake on Friday, May 27th, but it is unknown at this time when the last 7 miles to the top will open. Kebler Pass will remain closed for the time being, due to road damage."
"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them" - Bob Dylan
emgordon
14ers: 28 
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (3)

Re: Independence Pass opens Thursday 5/26

Post by emgordon »

Thanks for posting. :bow:
Brian Thomas wrote: Mount Evans Road is scheduled to open to Summit Lake on Friday, May 27th, but it is unknown at this time when the last 7 miles to the top will open.
Anyone planning to climb/ski Evans next weekend (28th, 29th, or 30th)? :faint:
benlen
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 15 9 1
Trip Reports (4)

Post by benlen »

Excellent! Really eager to give Sawtooth another try (attempted back in October, but turned back after Bierstadt due to high winds)
sunny1
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 225 8
Trip Reports (3)

Post by sunny1 »

This is the best news I've heard all day - thanks for the update! :-D
The older you get, the better you get, unless you're a banana.
radiate17
14ers: 33 
13ers: 7 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by radiate17 »

This totally made my day, I know where Im going to play this weekend!
CreekRunner
14ers: 35  3 
13ers: 35 5
Trip Reports (5)

Post by CreekRunner »

emgordon wrote:
Brian Thomas wrote: Mount Evans Road is scheduled to open to Summit Lake on Friday, May 27th, but it is unknown at this time when the last 7 miles to the top will open.
Anyone planning to climb/ski Evans next weekend (28th, 29th, or 30th)? :faint:
Nooo! I wanted to get in a hike on the road before cars were allowed.

emgordon, I don't ski, but I was looking into a possible hike of Goliath, Rogers, Warren, and Evans soon. Let me know if you are interested, and maybe we can get something worked out.