Death on El Diente

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
travis19877
14ers: 23  3 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (5)

Re: Death on El Diente

Post by travis19877 »

bjohnson17 wrote:I echo mtgirl's statement.... How tragic is every death in the hills but to leave a wife and unborn child behind..... particularly sad indeed. Prayers to them..... May they find strength......
Couldn't have said it any better myself..
Luke 1:37 - For nothing is impossible with God
globreal
14ers: 58  1  26 
13ers: 198 2 6
Trip Reports (61)

Re: Death on El Diente

Post by globreal »

DBMerrill wrote:Britt,

Thank you so much for your kind words, and taking the time to write. My family and I are from Maryland. I believe we are planning to come back out to Colorado and to the base of El Diente sometime in December or the beginning of next summer. When I know for sure I will surely post it here. It means a lot that you would consider joining us. Thank you.

May God go with you on all your future travels.

David,
David, If you come in December, a trip to the base of the mountain would be difficult at best, and possibly somewhat dangerous (avalanche potential/frostbite) with winter conditions. It may make more sense to hike into that area during the summer season. Feel free to send me a PM (personal message) if you would like to discuss.