Backcountry ski sales are thriving

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers!
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
HikesInGeologicTime
14ers: 58  8  18 
13ers: 60 2 11
Trip Reports (37)

Backcountry ski sales are thriving

Post by HikesInGeologicTime »

At least one business doing well in the wake of ski area/resort town closures: https://coloradosun.com/2020/03/21/uphi ... s-closure/

The article also has the most contained list I’ve seen of what’s open for uphill access and what’s not, though it does indicate that Copper’s closed for the season; as of their last update from yesterday, the resort’s site only said that ops were suspended indefinitely but that they still hope to reopen for the end of the season. In other words, best to double-check using info from the resorts themselves.
"I'm not selling drugs, dude. Drugs sell themselves. I'm selling stoke!"
- Guy at the table next to mine at Alta's Slopeside Cafe, in what I can't help but selfishly hope were (will be?) his verbatim words to the arresting officer(s)
AndrewLyonsGeibel
14ers: 9 
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Backcountry ski sales are thriving

Post by AndrewLyonsGeibel »

I hear the liquor stores are doing quite well during this whole thing too.
nyker
14ers: 58 
13ers: 25
Trip Reports (69)

Post by nyker »

as are gun sales...
HikesInGeologicTime
14ers: 58  8  18 
13ers: 60 2 11
Trip Reports (37)

Post by HikesInGeologicTime »

AndrewLyonsGeibel wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:14 pm I hear the liquor stores are doing quite well during this whole thing too.
Now I wonder how sales of other intoxicants, legal and otherwise, are doing. Probably a great time to be a drug dealer who does delivery!
nyker wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:54 am as are gun sales...
That doesn’t surprise me as much as I’d like it to. :/ I’m just gonna pretend it’s because so many grocery stores are out of fresh meat, so people need ‘em for the main ingredient in the squirrel stew I saw mentioned in another thread...
"I'm not selling drugs, dude. Drugs sell themselves. I'm selling stoke!"
- Guy at the table next to mine at Alta's Slopeside Cafe, in what I can't help but selfishly hope were (will be?) his verbatim words to the arresting officer(s)
disentangled
Trip Reports (0)

Post by disentangled »

HikesInGeologicTime wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:33 am
AndrewLyonsGeibel wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:14 pm I hear the liquor stores are doing quite well during this whole thing too.
Now I wonder how sales of other intoxicants, legal and otherwise, are doing. Probably a great time to be a drug dealer who does delivery!
nyker wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:54 am as are gun sales...
That doesn’t surprise me as much as I’d like it to. :/ I’m just gonna pretend it’s because so many grocery stores are out of fresh meat, so people need ‘em for the main ingredient in the squirrel stew I saw mentioned in another thread...
as much as people are selfishly buying more than they need, and since it takes six to eight weeks to raise a chicken for meat and waaaay longer for beef, that tasty squirrel might be your last resort. i see lots of potential pigeon stew in my backyard.