Looking for backcountry ski partners

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers!
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
cheechaco
14ers: 23 
13ers: 52
Trip Reports (0)

Looking for backcountry ski partners

Post by cheechaco »

I've done the avy 1 course, I have the essentials and more. I'm not looking to do anything crazy, just want to get out and enjoy the backcountry safely. I'm in Denver. Let me know if your interested. Cheers!
"Until at last he smote his enemies ruin across the mountainside"
Urban Snowshoer
14ers: 42  3  2 
13ers: 20 1 1
Trip Reports (4)

Re: Looking for backcountry ski partners

Post by Urban Snowshoer »

I'm in the Denver area as well and also like to back-country ski.
Craig Barlow
14ers: 11 
Trip Reports (2)

Post by Craig Barlow »

Hope you don't get sued for the title of this post!
cheechaco
Trip Reports (0)

Post by cheechaco »

Maybe in missing a back story, not sure why being sued would even be an issue? Urban Snowshoer, I'll pm you
martinleroux
14ers: 28 
13ers: 23
Trip Reports (2)

Post by martinleroux »

cheechaco wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:16 pmMaybe in missing a back story, not sure why being sued would even be an issue?
Here's the story: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=57377
ZNixon
14ers: 15  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ZNixon »

Craig Barlow wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:32 am Hope you don't get sued for the title of this post!
:lol: :lol:
"Those who cannot understand how to put their thoughts on ice should not enter into the heat of debate." -Nietzsche

@ZNixon101
http://zenixon.simplesite.com/
MonGoose
14ers: 58  16  17 
13ers: 51 11 1
Trip Reports (16)

Post by MonGoose »

I'm interested in some backcountry skiing this winter. I also enjoying uphill skiing at Loveland, if you want to get in some vert before work.
Roseb
14ers: 15  1  1 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Roseb »

Just recently posted a similiar post. Splitboarder, just took my AIARE Lvl 1 and CPR/AED course recently. Would love to get together. 26yo, Male
cheechaco
Trip Reports (0)

Post by cheechaco »

Cool! I gotta pack up for tomorrow, doing a few peaks. I'll pm you guys. Just looking for a fun, and safe, partner or group!
Volkl_One
14ers: 31 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Volkl_One »

Hello,

Same boat. 28M with AIARE avy 1 course complete and about 5 days of experience. Moderate risk level and excellent skiing skills. Looking for a group of like minded ski people. Can't wait to meet some of you this year!
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

MonGoose wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:43 pm I'm interested in some backcountry skiing this winter. I also enjoying uphill skiing at Loveland, if you want to get in some vert before work.
Don’t forget about the oodles of peaks we have to ski late-winter!
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
CO_Wolfe
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 9
Trip Reports (0)

Post by CO_Wolfe »

I'm in a similar situation - have all the gear essentials and some training, looking to hit it a bit harder this year. My plan is to do a couple tours near Berthoud Pass and then maybe try to hit up Quandary. Feel free to get in touch.