Looking for backcountry ski partners

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers!
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
mountainute
14ers: 42  1  5 
13ers: 16 1 1
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Looking for backcountry ski partners

Post by mountainute »

Hey Folks,

I'm up for skitouring and splitboarding - every winter.

mountainute
austinpavlas
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 34
Trip Reports (0)

Post by austinpavlas »

I am looking for a BC partner for this winter. I just moved here from Alaska over the summer, but have taken Avy 1 up in Alaska and have all the necessary gear. I took Avy 1 two years ago and have approximately 25 days in the BC after taking the class, but none in the last year due to an ACL tear.
wildernessdave
14ers: 58  12  24 
13ers: 166 22 14
Trip Reports (0)

Post by wildernessdave »

I’m available for mid week adventures!
JacerJack
14ers: 58  3  3 
13ers: 11 3 1
Trip Reports (6)

Post by JacerJack »

I'm always up for meeting new touring buddies. I'm a 28 y/o male, based out of Evergreen. I have my AIARE 2, Companion Rescue, and WFA. I'm a Splitboarder who likes moving at an average pace - not skimo fast, but not snowshoe slow. I usually like to keep it mellow and low-angle in winter, then get after it on the bigger objectives later in the spring (Pretty low risk acceptance when it comes to avy stuff).

Also, check out the Facebook Group "Colorado Backcountry Ski & Snowboard"... lots of good like-minded folks there: https://www.facebook.com/groups/COBackcountry/
gotpow
14ers: 42  1  2 
13ers: 22
Trip Reports (0)

Post by gotpow »

27 y/o M, I live in Grand Junction and am always looking for new touring and/or ski mountaineering partners. I have my AIARE 1 and prefer to keep things very conservative in the winter. Always down to get onto the steeper stuff when things solidify in spring. Seems like there's not a lot of skiers around these parts so if you're on the western slope (or want to meet in the middle somewhere, Vail pass etc.) hit me up! Free on weekends.

-Adam
lcjackson
14ers: 21 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by lcjackson »

I also live in Grand Junction. 28 y/o male with Avy 1. Looking to do some bigger things in the Spring but as mentioned, I try and keep it mellow mid-winter. Available weekends, and mid-week with a few days notice.
cheechaco
14ers: 23 
13ers: 52
Trip Reports (0)

Post by cheechaco »

Anybody around Denver want to get out tomorrow (01/6)???
"Until at last he smote his enemies ruin across the mountainside"
KyaCav
Trip Reports (0)

Post by KyaCav »

Headed to Lake City zone to ski Wednesday-Friday. Wouldn’t mind some solid company. Here’s my tentative plan:

1)Wetterhorn East face on Wednesday: looks sunny and windy from the west, but not getting warm really. Start hiking by 5am
2) Sunshine and Redcloud on Thursday hopefully east slopes but see what else is filled in. Weather looks $ but could get too warm. Start hiking by 5am.
3) Handies east face on Friday. Another sunny day but maybe some breeze to help fight off the warming. Start hiking at 5:00 am.

Night temps look good. Thursday night only 26 though.

If ya wanna check my background I go by kya.cav on Instagram and Mark Cavaliero on da Facebook.
ExploringAlison
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ExploringAlison »

Hello!
I am new to this website and also know that this is an old string of messages but I just moved to Grand Junction and am looking for backcountry partners.
Definitely willing to drive to meet up with folks/ get to better terrain, but also stoked to go tour up on the Mesa. Would love to get to know some people who would want to get after some bigger objectives in the spring when the snowpack settles.
I’m 27, been backcountry skiing for several years, have multi-day bigger trip experience, have avi rescue training, about to take my wfr. Definitely not one to take unnecessary risk in the winter but like to get a good amount of vert when touring even if it’s just doing tree laps!
Gritz3000
14ers: 54  1 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Gritz3000 »

I’m also looking for a touring partner. I’m AIRE 1 certified and have a ski touring full setup. Also want to keep it low angle in the winter months. I live in Morrison and would love to explore the 285 corridor and Guenella Pass area. Also up for summit county and vail regions.
I love lamp.
corbettsp3
Trip Reports (0)

Post by corbettsp3 »

Gritz3000 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:19 am I’m also looking for a touring partner. I’m AIRE 1 certified and have a ski touring full setup. Also want to keep it low angle in the winter months. I live in Morrison and would love to explore the 285 corridor and Guenella Pass area. Also up for summit county and vail regions.
I’m based in Golden with a full setup, avy gear, and AIARE 1. Are you still looking for a partner?
Gritz3000
14ers: 54  1 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Gritz3000 »

corbettsp3 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:02 am
Gritz3000 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:19 am I’m also looking for a touring partner. I’m AIRE 1 certified and have a ski touring full setup. Also want to keep it low angle in the winter months. I live in Morrison and would love to explore the 285 corridor and Guenella Pass area. Also up for summit county and vail regions.
I’m based in Golden with a full setup, avy gear, and AIARE 1. Are you still looking for a partner?
Yes, I’m still looking for a partner. I’d be interested in getting out for a tour in the next couple weeks.
I love lamp.