Ski Conditions - Eva or Sheridan

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers!
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
nedryarson
14ers: 24  1 
13ers: 73 3 1
Trip Reports (2)

Ski Conditions - Eva or Sheridan

Post by nedryarson »

Hi there, I've been eyeing a ski of these two peaks this spring and am wondering if anyone has been up lately to comment on if there's enough snow to ski. Looking at Eva's SE face/bowl or Sheridan's east slopes and haven't seen a relevant trip/conditions report in awhile. Thanks!
eskermo
14ers: 58  2  1 
13ers: 316 30 4
Trip Reports (18)

Re: Ski Conditions - Eva or Sheridan

Post by eskermo »

I boarded down Sheridan on the 16th. At that time
it had continuous snow from wherever you decide to park to about 100 yards from the summit. Super chill and low angle ascent up until the last few hundred feet. I was able to ride from the summit on continuous snow down to about 11,850' where I parked.

I was amazed how much snow had melted in the high country that weekend compared to this past weekend, however, so take this with a grain of salt. I'd be willing to bet you'll get long stretches of skiing with a couple very short sections of hiking between snow patches. Super fun, quick day!
zinj
14ers: 58 
13ers: 48
Trip Reports (13)

Re: Ski Conditions - Eva or Sheridan

Post by zinj »

It's a testament to the weird year that you found Sheridan not only skiiable but continuously so, that late into June.

sending some jealousy your way from Maryland....
"Gentlemen, you are piling up a heritage of conflict and litigation over water rights, for there is not sufficient water to supply the land." - John Wesley Powell, 1883