"Zephyr" Peak TR: LCW

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Greenhouseguy
14ers: 41  10 
13ers: 185 5
Trip Reports (71)

"Zephyr" Peak TR: LCW

Post by Greenhouseguy »

I had a pretty good hike on "Zephyr" Peak (12,067 ft.) in the Lost Creek Wilderness on Sunday. I did a trip report on my personal site; check it out, I got some decent shots of some awesome scenery:

http://home.comcast.net/~greenhouseguy/ ... report.htm
"May your boulder be your blessing." - Aron Ralston
KeithK
14ers: 58  3 
13ers: 20
Trip Reports (51)

Post by KeithK »

Hey! You didn't try very hard to sell me on this, or I might have... You know I'm just going to drag you back up there for the Alphabetizer anyway...

The LCW is just plain Bitchin'!
Snow is dumb.™
Stop cyber bullying!
ScottN
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ScottN »

Good stuff. The weather for Saturday isnt looking so hot. May bail on a Sangre 14'er and go for a couple of the alphabet peaks on the Kenosha range. Thanks for the reminder!
Steve Knapp
14ers: 57 
13ers: 395
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Steve Knapp »

This is an awesome trip report. I'm glad you had a great day. I definitely need to climb more peaks in the LCW, I've only climbed a couple. Stuff like this will get me up there for sure. Zephyr is now on my to-do list. Cool rocks up there too!