Where Culebra Hike App

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
OldDude
14ers: 29 
Trip Reports (0)

Where Culebra Hike App

Post by OldDude »

All the links I have for Cielo Vista Ranch are dead. Anyone know the link for the app and $150 fee? My prior info says apps can be submitted 12/1 for '22 season.
CheapCigarMan
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 108 2
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Where Culebra Hike App

Post by CheapCigarMan »

Looks like this is their new web address. However, it appears that it's down right now. I'd continue to check back until it's up and running again.

https://www.cielo-vista-ranch.info/
I should be on a mountain
Bigfoot
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 19
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Bigfoot »

Took forever to load, but the new link is https://www.cielo-vista-ranch.info/acti ... king/book/
CaptainSuburbia
14ers: 58  35 
13ers: 125 9
Trip Reports (44)

Post by CaptainSuburbia »

You can email.
cvrproperty@gmail.com
Some day our kids will study Clash lyrics in school.
Nothing drives people crazy like people drive people crazy.
Save Challenger Point
Above_Treeline
14ers: 3 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Above_Treeline »

From the page Bigfoot gave a link to:

"November 2021: The trail is open to the trail head. The year has been extremely dry. We have not had any snow."

It might be a good idea to shoot them an email if you are interested in going now. I'm not sure if it's open but it sounds like it.
I support reintroducing grizzlies and wolves to their historic ranges.
CaptainSuburbia
Trip Reports (44)

Above_Treeline wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:39 pm From the page Bigfoot gave a link to:

"November 2021: The trail is open to the trail head. The year has been extremely dry. We have not had any snow."

It might be a good idea to shoot them an email if you are interested in going now. I'm not sure if it's open but it sounds like it.
Historically they open January 1st and start taking reservations December 1st.
Save Challenger Point
Above_Treeline
14ers: 3 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Above_Treeline »

CaptainSuburbia wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:48 pm
Above_Treeline wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:39 pm From the page Bigfoot gave a link to:

Historically they open January 1st and start taking reservations December 1st.
I don't claim to know much about it but if they don't have any snow might be worth a shot if you can go. Seems like they'd be interested in the fee and sounds open. Free to email them anyway.
I support reintroducing grizzlies and wolves to their historic ranges.
nmjameswilson
14ers: 58 
13ers: 15
Trip Reports (0)

Post by nmjameswilson »

They are taking reservations starting this morning. I just sent mine for July 24th. :-)
The site is working fine now and the email address is the same as previous years.
ClimbingFool
13ers: 7
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ClimbingFool »

nmjameswilson wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:55 am They are taking reservations starting this morning. I just sent mine for July 24th. :-)
The site is working fine now and the email address is the same as previous years.
I just sent mine in for July 30. Time to wrap up the 14ers with a week in the Sangres.
Carl_Healy
14ers: 19  3 
13ers: 50 1 3
Trip Reports (4)

Post by Carl_Healy »

Related question: They typically require you to start from the ranch in winter correct? Not "Fourway?"
Regardless of 4WD capability?
If you can't run, you walk
If you can't walk, you crawl
If you can't crawl, you find someone to carry you
CaptainSuburbia
Trip Reports (44)

Carl_Healy wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:22 pm Related question: They typically require you to start from the ranch in winter correct? Not "Fourway?"
Regardless of 4WD capability?
Yes, winter starts are at the headquarters.
Save Challenger Point
nmjameswilson
13ers: 15
Trip Reports (0)

Post by nmjameswilson »

ClimbingFool wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:55 pm
nmjameswilson wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:55 am They are taking reservations starting this morning. I just sent mine for July 24th. :-)
I just sent mine in for July 30. Time to wrap up the 14ers with a week in the Sangres.
Right on man! I have Culebra then a few in the Elks and it's on to Longs to wrap mine up.