Weekend Warrior 14ers FKT

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
JaredJohnson
14ers: 28  5 
13ers: 13
Trip Reports (3)

Re: Weekend Warrior 14ers FKT

Post by JaredJohnson »

I agree calling it an FKT would be a miss, if a weekend warrior wants to get an FKT on a level playing field without quiting their job maybe just go after an FKT on a route that takes less than 48hrs to complete.

Still think it would be interesting to tally and compare times on e.g. all the 14ers in a way that would be useful for comparison and motivation, not necessarily claiming universally recognized bragging rights for being the fastest of the not-that-fast. And I think it would be possible to generalize quite a bit. For example maybe just use all the normal rules, except that it's permissable to stop the clock for up to 2 weeks between trailheads to allow participants to go make their living. One could probably figure up Andrew Hamilton's completion time under that rule, not to claim some couch potato victory over him but to e.g. understand how much faster one conceivably could have done it.
aholle88
14ers: 57  24  26 
13ers: 300 29 3
Trip Reports (1)

Post by aholle88 »

This could be done in an FKT style approach. Let’s break down some possible logisitics for fun.

Weekend 1: San Luis + all of lake city (easy warmup)
Weekend 2: LB/blanca/ellingwood/lindsey on day 1, go right into the humboldt/crestones/KC loop day 2
Weekend 3: chi basin day 1; Sneffels day 2
Weekend 4: pikes, longs (easy weekend to recover)
Weekend 5: sherman, decalibro, Q, G/T
Weekend 6: elk range traverse
Weekend 7: half of Nolan’s
Weekend 8: the other half of Nolan’s
Weekend 9: culebra day 1; Wilson group day 2

I think that’s it? 9 weekends would probably be as quick as it could be done. Depending on support. Maybe 8. Productivity at work during those 2 months, that’d be the tough part. Working remotely as a job, even if it’s a M-F 9-5 deal, probably shouldn’t be allowed. Too much rest time :lol:
rijaca
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 244 1 2
Trip Reports (1)

Post by rijaca »

This has got to be the most contrived idea for establishing a FKA in the mountains. Why not be the first to push a peanut up Pikes Peak with your nose? Oh wait, it's already been done! https://www.cpr.org/podcast-episode/mee ... -his-nose/
"A couple more shots of whiskey,
the women 'round here start looking good"
vertical_volume
14ers: 55  1  1 
13ers: 110
Trip Reports (0)

Post by vertical_volume »

aholle88 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:00 am This could be done in an FKT style approach. Let’s break down some possible logisitics for fun.

Weekend 1: San Luis + all of lake city (easy warmup)
Weekend 2: LB/blanca/ellingwood/lindsey on day 1, go right into the humboldt/crestones/KC loop day 2
Weekend 3: chi basin day 1; Sneffels day 2
Weekend 4: pikes, longs (easy weekend to recover)
Weekend 5: sherman, decalibro, Q, G/T
Weekend 6: elk range traverse
Weekend 7: half of Nolan’s
Weekend 8: the other half of Nolan’s
Weekend 9: culebra day 1; Wilson group day 2

I think that’s it? 9 weekends would probably be as quick as it could be done. Depending on support. Maybe 8. Productivity at work during those 2 months, that’d be the tough part. Working remotely as a job, even if it’s a M-F 9-5 deal, probably shouldn’t be allowed. Too much rest time :lol:
I like this.... a lot
Runnin around - Rob_e179
CaptainSuburbia
14ers: 58  35 
13ers: 125 9
Trip Reports (44)

Post by CaptainSuburbia »

Some day our kids will study Clash lyrics in school.
Nothing drives people crazy like people drive people crazy.
Save Challenger Point
12ersRule
14ers: 58 
13ers: 157
Trip Reports (4)

Post by 12ersRule »

Scandal rules! My fave is 'Beat of a Heart'.

I would like to see a Weekend Warrior FKT where the person has this blaring in their ears continuously whenever they're hiking:

And because it is post 1999 for me....(I really should consider shutting up now):

cedica
Trip Reports (0)

Post by cedica »

12ersRule wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:17 am Scandal rules! My fave is 'Beat of a Heart'.
But that's not Derelicte at all! Boo! :thumbdown:
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Scott P »

Meh. Sounds like a wasted summer to me, but do whatever is enjoyable to you.

Don't you guys ever get bored of doing just the same peak list every weekend in a row with thousands of other people?
I'm old, slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.
two lunches
14ers: 37  2 
13ers: 59
Trip Reports (0)

Post by two lunches »

cedica wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:38 am But that's not Derelicte at all! Boo! :thumbdown:
i believe this is what you were looking for..?
“To walk in nature is to witness a thousand miracles.” – Mary Davis
cedica
Trip Reports (0)

Post by cedica »

stephakett wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:48 am i believe this is what you were looking for..?
That's Magnum Look. Derelicte is more of je ne sais quoi l'appareil, "a fashion, a way of life inspired by the very homeless, the vagrants, the crack whores that make this wonderful city so unique."
FireOnTheMountain
14ers: 53  1  23 
13ers: 269 29
Trip Reports (23)

Post by FireOnTheMountain »

Scott P wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:47 am Meh. Sounds like a wasted summer to me, but do whatever is enjoyable to you.

Don't you guys ever get bored of doing just the same peak list every weekend in a row with thousands of other people?
Wait just to clarify, so you can understand wanting a top rope send on a 5.13 while simultaneously having a goal to lead a 5.8 but you don't get people repeating peaks, with thousands of people, wasting their summers? Arent they both born of the same cloth, do as you please?

Carry on.
Everyday is a G r A t E f U L Day here in the ID...?
CaptainSuburbia
14ers: 58  35 
13ers: 125 9
Trip Reports (44)

Post by CaptainSuburbia »

12ersRule wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:17 am Scandal rules! My fave is 'Beat of a Heart'.

I would like to see a Weekend Warrior FKT where the person has this blaring in their ears continuously whenever they're hiking:

And because it is post 1999 for me....(I really should consider shutting up now):

I'm not sure I could stomach Loverboy continuously but maybe Huey Lewis
Some day our kids will study Clash lyrics in school.
Nothing drives people crazy like people drive people crazy.
Save Challenger Point