Lost pole on Crestone Needle upper east gully

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
JaredJohnson
14ers: 28  5 
13ers: 13
Trip Reports (3)

Lost pole on Crestone Needle upper east gully

Post by JaredJohnson »

I was descending the needle east gully in rain and dropped my pole in the middle of the stream, i believe not far above where one goes climber's right instead of crossing over to the west gully when ascending the class 4 east gully variation up the needle. It was in a somewhat accessible spot but the water was running strong and I needed to conserve energy for the remaining spicy descent so I let it be. It's possible it will have fallen further down the east gully but it looked like it was staying put.

It's a black diamond carbon Z pole modded with a tech tip and snow basket attached and is very dear to my heart. I'm in Kansas but if somebody found it and held onto it for me I could probably grab it on a subsequent trip to CO or pay for shipping.