Iguana rescue

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
highpilgrim
14ers: 58 
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Iguana rescue

Post by highpilgrim »

HikerGuy wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:49 pm
John Landers wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:39 pm After an exhaustive search I found the missing Iguana. Started up my whisper-lite stove and had a bbq. It was pretty good, but should have brought a bottle of wine.
What pairs best with iguana, a red or white?
Mescal.
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase
Tony the Iguana
14ers: 1 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Tony the Iguana »

sanjuanmtneer wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:09 pm Hey Tony, for those climbers who are working on the 13ers you can charge a fee to stand on your head.
It will be easier than standing on the summit of the other one in the San Miguels and you can make a few bucks.
Might want to wear a helmet though.
:lol:
I like the cut of your jib. Maybe people can pose with just one finger resting gently on my noggin? A tag the summit sort of scenario? It's a bit humiliating I suppose, but I'd rather not get squashed. I have so much left to accomplish. Regardless, I love the idea of charging a fee. Iguanas gotta hustle these days because employment opportunities are limited on the slopes of Mt. Elbert.
DeTour
14ers: 43 
13ers: 6
Trip Reports (30)

Post by DeTour »

Update: background check reveals video of Tony in training. However, some aspects of his alleged identity appear to be inaccurate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pifd7mKcymA
------------------------------------------------------------------
Once torched by truth, a little thing like faith is easy.
Swede Landing, 'Peace Like a River'
The land is forever.
- Steve Almburg, Illinois centennial farmer
Tony the Iguana
Trip Reports (0)

DeTour wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:00 pm Update: background check reveals video of Tony in training. However, some aspects of his alleged identity appear to be inaccurate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pifd7mKcymA
Lol...good old Pho messing with people in the city. Yeah, that's my guy Pho. He loves to have fun. However...I don't mean to be "that lizard," but Pho is a monitor lizard and I'm an iguana. I hate to accuse humans of not being able to tell the difference, but shoot, we're not even from the same continent. Don't worry, it's not just you though, I get it a lot. I've been called everything from monitor lizard to gecko to even "an ugly dog." I don't take it personally.
cedica
Trip Reports (0)

Post by cedica »

Tony the Iguana wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:27 am Yeah, that's my guy Pho. He loves to have fun.
When was the last time you've seen him?
Pho.jpg
Pho.jpg (93.08 KiB) Viewed 1686 times
Tony the Iguana
Trip Reports (0)

cedica wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:29 am
Tony the Iguana wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:27 am Yeah, that's my guy Pho. He loves to have fun.
When was the last time you've seen him?
Pho.jpg
Well it has been a few years, why do you...GASP!
You monster.
cedica
Trip Reports (0)

Post by cedica »

Tony the Iguana wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:15 pm Well it has been a few years, why do you...GASP!
You monster.
No, what I meant is that Pho is a generic term. Don't hate the Vietnamese people, Tonkatsu san!
Tony the Tiger
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Tony the Tiger »

Hey guys, don't mean to derail this thread, but does anyone know of a cereal mascot who’s summited all 58 of Colorado’s 14ers solo?
I'm thinking of going for the record if someone hasn't already claimed the title. I know Snap Crackle and Pop have done some impressive climbs, but obviously not solo. And Toucan Sam might have done it, but I really don't think it should count if he used his wings.
I'm really worried that I might get beaten to the title by Mikey, though. He'll climb anything.
Anyway, if it's already been done, then I'll just focus on winter summits. Love grabbing those frosted snowflakes.
Tony the Iguana
Trip Reports (0)

cedica wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:32 pm
Tony the Iguana wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:15 pm Well it has been a few years, why do you...GASP!
You monster.
No, what I meant is that Pho is a generic term. Don't hate the Vietnamese people, Tonkatsu san!
96 million humble apologies to you, Cedica, and more importantly, to the beautiful people of the land of Vietnam. I thought you were implying that my guy Pho was in fact, turned into Pho. In my defense, i do have have brain about the size of a walnut. Of course I shouldn't think the worst, but at least a couple people in this very thread have already discussed what vino pairs best with, well, me. And I've seen my brothers and sisters across the globe turned into a lot of different clothing items or kept in glass tanks. Wow, totally didn't mean to turn this into a pity-party for lizards to distract from my apology to the good people of Vietnam and their exquisite cuisine! I apologize again, and I hope people find it in their hearts to "pho-give" me. Heh...a little lizard humor for you there.
Tony the Iguana
Trip Reports (0)

Tony the Tiger wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:26 pm Hey guys, don't mean to derail this thread, but does anyone know of a cereal mascot who’s summited all 58 of Colorado’s 14ers solo?
I'm thinking of going for the record if someone hasn't already claimed the title. I know Snap Crackle and Pop have done some impressive climbs, but obviously not solo. And Toucan Sam might have done it, but I really don't think it should count if he used his wings.
I'm really worried that I might get beaten to the title by Mikey, though. He'll climb anything.
Anyway, if it's already been done, then I'll just focus on winter summits. Love grabbing those frosted snowflakes.
This is a grrrrreeeeaaaattt question Tony. I know Dig 'Em the Honey Smacks Frog has climbed most everything except for the hardest Elks and Sangres. He's nervous about the rock quality. Frogs, am I right? He's got the skills and the know-how. Ya'll should have seen him make the leap to the summit block of Sunlight. Like he was born to be up there.
Dan_Suitor
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 90
Trip Reports (3)

Post by Dan_Suitor »

Does Iguana taste anything like Goanna? :mrgreen:
Century Bound, eventually.
John Landers
Trip Reports (1)

Post by John Landers »

Dan_Suitor wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:34 pm Does Iguana taste anything like Goanna? :mrgreen:
It is the chicken of the trees.