Iguana rescue

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
NM_Hiker
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Iguana rescue

Post by NM_Hiker »

SamWerner wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:55 am Bringing an iguana on a summit - what it takes
I just spit out coffee :lol:
JChitwood
14ers: 58 
13ers: 51
Trip Reports (0)

Post by JChitwood »

Since he climbed from Halfmoon CG Tony should qualify for the 3,000’ check.
"I'll make it." - Jimmy Chitwood
timisimaginary
14ers: 3 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (2)

Post by timisimaginary »

who do i contact about booking Tony the Iguana to speak at my next corporate team-building seminar?
"The decay and disintegration of this culture is astonishingly amusing if you're emotionally detached from it." - George Carlin
CORed
14ers: 10  1 
13ers: 10 2
Trip Reports (1)

Post by CORed »

nyker wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:51 pm But the real question is did Tony climb Elbert Solo?
And if so, is it an altitude record for an iguana? Will we see an iquana climb of Mt. Whitney? Denali?
pvnisher
Trip Reports (8)

Post by pvnisher »

Sadly this mission ended as I expected it would, but had hoped it would turn into an amazing story rather than just another "people suck" reminder.
John Landers
Trip Reports (1)

Post by John Landers »

After an exhaustive search I found the missing Iguana. Started up my whisper-lite stove and had a bbq. It was pretty good, but should have brought a bottle of wine.
HikerGuy
13ers: 426 8
Trip Reports (9)

Post by HikerGuy »

John Landers wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:39 pm After an exhaustive search I found the missing Iguana. Started up my whisper-lite stove and had a bbq. It was pretty good, but should have brought a bottle of wine.
What pairs best with iguana, a red or white?
starsstuff
14ers: 36  5 
13ers: 26 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by starsstuff »

pvnisher wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:40 pm Sadly this mission ended as I expected it would, but had hoped it would turn into an amazing story rather than just another "people suck" reminder.
How did it end? I couldn't find the fb post anymore.
One of these mornings you're gonna rise up singin',
You're gonna spread your wings and take to the sky
(Summertime, lyrics by DuBose Heyward)
cougar
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 135 2
Trip Reports (10)

Post by cougar »

I wish I was in Tijuana eating barbecued iguana
http://www.listsofjohn.com/m/cougar

"If we don't change direction, we'll end up where we're going."
"Bushwhacking is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get."
"Don't give up on your dreams, stay asleep"
Tony the Iguana
14ers: 1 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Tony the Iguana »

So...I was super excited when I heard that I was being discussed on 14ers.com, so I rushed over to sign up immediately to let you guys know I'm doing OK! Honestly it was a little distressing to see that some of you are discussing eating me or my relatives. I heard that this board has had a reputation of being tough on newcomers, but that seems a bit far.

Of course I jest! In all seriousness, I'm still stuck on Elbert, but I'll figure out my way down eventually. Either that or figure out how to get a jacket or something. I saw that some were questioning my summit of Elbert because of the 3,000 foot rule, but I was kind of figuring that it's a proportional thing? I'm only 3'10" (rumors of me being 4-5 feet long are just that: rumors. Don't believe everything you read on the internet, folks!) and I have to walk on four legs. I figured that this allows me a little leeway in regards to following the 3,000' elevation gained protocol? Hopefully you guys aren't that tough on me!

BTW: Anyone know the FKT for an iguana? Checking for a friend...
Voshkm
14ers: 19  4 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Voshkm »

smells like catfish in here. i hope no one spent anytime on Elbert because of this. :-k
sanjuanmtneer
13ers: 664
Trip Reports (2)

Post by sanjuanmtneer »

Hey Tony, for those climbers who are working on the 13ers you can charge a fee to stand on your head.
It will be easier than standing on the summit of the other one in the San Miguels and you can make a few bucks.
Might want to wear a helmet though.
:lol:
And my mind was made up,
To climb all the mountains,
Now my body's laid up,
And the night advances.
And time is dear.
(With deference to John Dillon)